Search found 10 matches
- Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:28 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: SERIOUSLY DESIRED! Pre-facelift headlamps
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1167
SERIOUSLY DESIRED! Pre-facelift headlamps
I am looking for a set of oval headlamps for a 1989 XJS. The icing on the cake would be if a set was available complete with fittings and bezels!
- Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 am
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: XJS Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2366
XJS Crankshaft Position Sensor
Hi,
Would anyone have a crankshaft position sensor available for a 1989 3.6 XJS, part no. DBC 2139?
Would anyone have a crankshaft position sensor available for a 1989 3.6 XJS, part no. DBC 2139?
- Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:35 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: ECU Problem?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3652
Re: ECU Problem?
Thanks for the reply but I have ruled out an air leak after extensive gasket and hose replacement and testing all round the inlet manifold and its appendages with brake cleaner while the engine is running. I think the problem going away when the CTS is substituted with a resistor confirms that it is...
- Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: ECU Problem?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3652
ECU Problem?
My '89 3.6 has been suffering from an as yet undiagnosed condition causing the revs to fluctuate. When the engine is started from cold it runs perfectly until the engine is switched off, then when the engine is restarted it idles at 1000 when stationary and 1500 when moving. While coasting to a stan...
- Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Recommissioning aircon system.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3887
Re: Recommissioning aircon system.
Thanks almcl. That's useful information. I have the old compressor out but other than that the system is intact so a vacuum test should be possible if I stop end the hoses.
- Thu May 29, 2014 7:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Recommissioning aircon system.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3887
Re: Recommissioning aircon system.
I would love to take it to KWE for this to sort out and if I lived on the mainland I would be there like a shot but I live in NI which would make it quite an expensive operation. The speed control on the LH fan is defunct but will be cured by a straightforward circuit board rebuild. The vent flaps s...
- Wed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Recommissioning aircon system.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3887
Recommissioning aircon system.
I am planning to attempt to re-commission the air conditioning system on my 89 3.6 XJS. The system hasn't worked in the 14 years that I have owned the car. The plan is to fit a new GM / Harrison A6 compressor, replace the expansion valve, replace all o-rings and fit a new receiver drier compatible w...
- Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Special washer
- Replies: 0
- Views: 812
Special washer
I am looking for 2 of the special washers that fit between the front subframe "six shot" mounting bush and the body. The Jaguar part no. is C30370 but is no longer available. I was replacing the bushes and discovered that they were missing. Perhaps somebody would have two of these spare or alternati...
- Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: Measuring caster
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1828
Measuring caster
Hi I am wondering if anyone has ever managed to find a garage that can measure and adjust the caster on our cars. I have had several attempts since a front suspension rebuild. One place carried out a full geometry check but would not adjust it. This meant that I would have to take the car away and a...
- Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:19 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: WANTED: Pre-facelift drivers door mirror
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1095
WANTED: Pre-facelift drivers door mirror
Does anyone have a corrosion free driver's door mirror for a 1989 XJS? The glass and motors are not important as I have these.