Thanks for that.
The inside of this filter housing is dirty and rusty but seems to have a very old Silver Hamerite finish. - Strange?
Martin of Wantage
Search found 5 matches
- Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Air filter housing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 752
- Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Air filter housing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 752
Air filter housing
I have a 1966 Daimler 250 V8 which is the early model with double bumpers.
I want to repaint the air filter housing with authentic type paint.
It looks to be silver Hammerite, is that correct please?
Martin from Wantage.
I want to repaint the air filter housing with authentic type paint.
It looks to be silver Hammerite, is that correct please?
Martin from Wantage.
- Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Daimler V8 radiator - allowance for expansion.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3224
Daimler V8 radiator - allowance for expansion.
There does not seem to be allowance for coolant expansion on my Daimler V8. Unless there is a tank that I cannot see? The top of the radiator has the filler cap but no means of seeing the coolant level in the radiator top (Unless its full). Is this the same as the mk2 or is it unique to the Daimler?
- Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:34 am
- Forum:X-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: RUST
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2477
Re: RUST
Thanks guys - the compressed air system sounds ideal. Is that professional equipment that a garage may have or can I purchase a hand pump type?
- Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 pm
- Forum:X-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: RUST
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2477
RUST
I have removed the sills and painted the steelwork. Do they rust from the inside too as I have only painted the outer surfaces?