Search found 5 matches
- Sun May 02, 2021 6:23 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Boot stuck shut
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4244
Re: Boot stuck shut
I'm in! Couldn't get to the starter motor but I was able to reach the +ve terminal on the alternator once I'd removed the cooling duct. It took a few tries to find a good earth but the alarm blasting my ears was the giveaway. The doors unlocked and the button on the dash popped the boot. The battery...
- Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Boot stuck shut
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4244
Re: Boot stuck shut
Thank you Astromorg, Jim, Allan
Allan's suggestion sounds promising. I have the wiring diagram and I'm looking at fig. 03.1. So I connect +ve to the thicker cable on the starter motor and any bare metal for -ve? Can I use a charger or should it be a booster battery?
Andrew
Allan's suggestion sounds promising. I have the wiring diagram and I'm looking at fig. 03.1. So I connect +ve to the thicker cable on the starter motor and any bare metal for -ve? Can I use a charger or should it be a booster battery?
Andrew
- Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Boot stuck shut
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4244
Re: Boot stuck shut
When I turn the key in the door the interior handle moves as it should but doesn't release the lock.
It's a 2003 XKR convertible, btw...
It's a 2003 XKR convertible, btw...
- Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Boot stuck shut
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4244
Re: Boot stuck shut
Exactly that. I can't unlock the doors so I can't open the bonnet. The boot key turns freely but doesn't release the latch.
- Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:16 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Boot stuck shut
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4244
Re: Boot stuck shut
Hi Chris
I'm interested to hear how you resolved this, as I have the same problem but with the added twist of a flat battery. Dearly hoping the solution doesn't require any drilling of holes...
Thanks, Andrew
I'm interested to hear how you resolved this, as I have the same problem but with the added twist of a flat battery. Dearly hoping the solution doesn't require any drilling of holes...
Thanks, Andrew