Thank you to everyone ewho replied so swiftly to my query... but let's face it we're none of us out and about right now..... #lockdown.
That is a lot of food for thought and i will look into all these options - this is great - just what the club is for.
stay safe.
Michael
Search found 18 matches
- Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Battery chargers
- Replies: 5
- Views: 765
- Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:55 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Battery chargers
- Replies: 5
- Views: 765
Battery chargers
Hi
I have a 1988 XJ-S and in these lockdown and rather colder days its spending longer and longer not being driven. As a result the battery is running out.
Are these trickle charger a good idea and if so do you need to get a special one or will a common or garden variety do?
cheers
Michael
I have a 1988 XJ-S and in these lockdown and rather colder days its spending longer and longer not being driven. As a result the battery is running out.
Are these trickle charger a good idea and if so do you need to get a special one or will a common or garden variety do?
cheers
Michael
- Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:56 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Interiors
- Topic: Internal squeaking and groaning ...
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1594
Internal squeaking and groaning ...
Hi, I have a 1988 XJ-S - had it for nearly two years and recently there has been a lot of squeaking, or better described as groaning coming from what sounds like the steering column. I had a look and a couple of very old screws were very loose. i tightened them but its not made much of a difference....
- Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:57 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Tyre pressure
- Replies: 7
- Views: 982
Re: Tyre pressure
Paul, As you're now running 225/60 (albeit on 15" rims) , I'd be minded to run yours similar to the pressures recommended for late 4 litre cars. I run my 4 litre conv. at about 33 front and 36 rear. But then I have been doing some very high speed running overseas over the last 2 years! Paul thanks ...
- Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:56 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Tyre pressure
- Replies: 7
- Views: 982
Re: Tyre pressure
ah of course it is....Oh, and for the bouns point; that'll be american spell checker!
and thanks for the advice.... I'm on 32 32 - think i will up it a little....
congrats on the new purchase..... aren't they just lovely.
- Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Tyre pressure
- Replies: 7
- Views: 982
Tyre pressure
Hi,
I'm getting a lot of conflicting views on tyre pressure.
What are your thoughts on correct tyre pressure for my 3.6 XJ-S, front and rear.... please and thank you.
and for a bonus point why is the spell checker telling I have spelt 'tyre' wrongly..... ?
Michael
I'm getting a lot of conflicting views on tyre pressure.
What are your thoughts on correct tyre pressure for my 3.6 XJ-S, front and rear.... please and thank you.
and for a bonus point why is the spell checker telling I have spelt 'tyre' wrongly..... ?
Michael
- Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Dust Cap replacement
- Replies: 0
- Views: 324
Dust Cap replacement
Hi,
does anyone know where i could get a replacement dust cap for my 1988 XJ-S. I took it in to a garage to get a slow puncture fixed... they fixed it - great, they lost the original metal dust cap - not so great.
Many thanks,
Michael
does anyone know where i could get a replacement dust cap for my 1988 XJ-S. I took it in to a garage to get a slow puncture fixed... they fixed it - great, they lost the original metal dust cap - not so great.
Many thanks,
Michael
- Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:00 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Jag Workshop in Ealing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2519
Jag Workshop in Ealing
Hi, I'd like to poll the club on a matter.. i recently took my XJ-S in for a service at the Jag Workshop in Ealing. My background is - i bought my first classic car last October and whilst i love driving and owning it - i have little experience in maintenance. So i wanted an expert eye run over it. ...
- Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:30 am
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Car Cover
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3985
Re: Car Cover
Hi Richard
i think that's probably some good advice. I think i will get one and take it off regularly as you are right - you can't beat circulating air.
cheers
Michael
i think that's probably some good advice. I think i will get one and take it off regularly as you are right - you can't beat circulating air.
cheers
Michael
- Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:28 am
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Car Cover
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3985
Re: Car Cover
Hi Paul,
thanks very much for that tip - that does look like a very good one. I reckon i will go ahead with that and have a word first about sizes.
cheers - happy Jagging.
Michael
https://jec.org.uk/shop/outdoor-car-cover#description
thanks very much for that tip - that does look like a very good one. I reckon i will go ahead with that and have a word first about sizes.
cheers - happy Jagging.
Michael
https://jec.org.uk/shop/outdoor-car-cover#description
- Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:40 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Car Cover
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3985
- Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Car Cover
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3985
Re: Car Cover
Hi David,
thanks for that - i reckon i will get a decent one but make sure i take it off to make sure it gets the air around it.... i think the other chap who replied had a point.
and thanks for the welcome - i tried to post one but its too big... i'll have another go.
Michael
thanks for that - i reckon i will get a decent one but make sure i take it off to make sure it gets the air around it.... i think the other chap who replied had a point.
and thanks for the welcome - i tried to post one but its too big... i'll have another go.
Michael
- Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:10 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Car Cover
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3985
Car Cover
Hi, I recently bought my first classic - a gorgeous XJ-S 1988 6 3.6. anyway, I have to keep it outside so does anyone have any advice about car covers. I want a decent one but am tryign to work out what you get for your money - they seem to be on sale in Halfords for £50 but i see them also for 100,...
- Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:41 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: where's good for a Service
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2324
- Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:09 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: where's good for a Service
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2324
where's good for a Service
Hi,
just bought a Jag XJ-S with 75K on her.
I think i'd like to get her checked out - a service / health check.
I live in North West London - can any members recommend a good place?
thanks in advance.
Michael
just bought a Jag XJ-S with 75K on her.
I think i'd like to get her checked out - a service / health check.
I live in North West London - can any members recommend a good place?
thanks in advance.
Michael