Search found 19 matches
- Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 am
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Pre HE , 1980 P Digital
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1479
Pre HE , 1980 P Digital
Off the road last 4 years due to a fuel and ecu fault . Now fixed and the car runs nicely. Solid with good floors , sills and inner wings . Some cosmetic rust scabs as can be expected from a 36 yr old unrestored car. Needs the rear callipers freed a bit as they are sticky. Other than that ready for ...
- Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:28 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Braided Front Brake Hoses (pair) CBC1390
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3084
Re: Braided Front Brake Hoses (pair) CBC1390
That's good for me pm me details of how you want me to pay
- Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:30 am
- Forum:XJS ▸For Sale or Wanted
- Topic: Braided Front Brake Hoses (pair) CBC1390
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3084
Re: Braided Front Brake Hoses (pair) CBC1390
Have you still got these ? Is so and they fit a pre he I'll have them - what do you want incl post ?
Re: High idle
Oops didn't word that correctly. It's the adjuster on the side of the aav I screwed right in . I did not touch the adjuster on the ecu in case I really mucked things up . I will get it up to temp later today and report back . It did drop the revs when warm before but I left the car for some weeks in...
High idle
Hi further to earlier posts re my P digital xjs . I have now swapped the ecu and it fires up instantly. Unfortunately to 2000 rpm which is a tad high . I have screwed the adjuster on the eav right in - no change . If I block the inlet to the eav on the air filter back box with screwed up paper the i...
- Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:48 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: Pre He driving me nuts
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1836
Re: Pre He driving me nuts
I've had the cap off and it seems to rotate and spring back ok but I'm not an expert with this engine yet
- Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: Pre He driving me nuts
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1836
Pre He driving me nuts
Hi . Got a 1980 P digital . It's driving me daft trying to get it running right . If the vacuum pipe is attached to the ecu it won't start (fires and dies) Disconnect it and starts straight away - 1300 rpm cold , eases down when warm to 750ish . Revs nice ( smokes though )but try to hold 2500ish and...
- Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:18 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: V12 expert central Scotland
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2279
Re: V12 expert central Scotland
Hi David
Yes same car advertised Ina fit of frustration. Just getting back to it over the last week lol.
Wheels are genuine Jaguar Celtic ones off a late 90s XJ6 . The correct Kents are being refurbished .
I'll get there with the car but need a hand bouncing ideas
Yes same car advertised Ina fit of frustration. Just getting back to it over the last week lol.
Wheels are genuine Jaguar Celtic ones off a late 90s XJ6 . The correct Kents are being refurbished .
I'll get there with the car but need a hand bouncing ideas
- Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:24 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: V12 expert central Scotland
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2279
Re: V12 expert central Scotland
Many thanks for quick reply I'll maybe contact David Barnett I have been to his place before .
I'm sure it's something simple as it sounds sweet at 2500rpm but coughs and splutters otherwise and dies when the vacuum is attached to the ecu
I'm sure it's something simple as it sounds sweet at 2500rpm but coughs and splutters otherwise and dies when the vacuum is attached to the ecu
- Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:22 am
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: V12 expert central Scotland
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2279
V12 expert central Scotland
Hi As title says I am looking for a garage or expert who can help me in central Scotland. I have a 1980 pre he . It is the digital p model and is running like a bag of bolts . It is starting to get to me now and I am forced to admit I need a hand . It was a non runner when I got it so have made a st...
- Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:25 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Institute of Advanced Motorists
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1737
Yes congrats at passing , very worthwhile . I got chinned recently to become an examiner for the institute , still not sure if I will . Its unlikely you will get much/any discount re insurance but worth a go . The main thing is you will be more aware of possible hazzards and dangers and as such take...
- Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:45 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: early colours
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1360
- Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:23 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: early colours
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1360
early colours
Does anyone have a photo of an early car in either "Dark Blue" or "Squadron Blue" Which were listed colours for 1975 . My car was originally "Lavender Blue" which is not my cup of tea . Just trying to decide what colour to paint it when I strip it for a manual box conversion.
- Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:46 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: HELP: JEC need pre HE XJS for JEC stand at Classic Car Show
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1083
HELP: JEC need pre HE XJS for JEC stand at Classic Car Show
Hi Norman , pity you left it late , I am not sure I can get time off work now. I have an early one ( number 125) in the condition you are looking for which you could have had .
- Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: Poor ride quality
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3495
Poor ride quality
Cant give you the definite answer but on one of my Triumph TR's I had a similar problem . I eventually got each wheel on the balance machine and found that although they had been balanced one of the wheels had a slight buckle . That one is now in the boot and the spare is on the car - no vibration ....