Search found 12 matches
- Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:48 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1687
Re: Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
Hello Islander, you say that smooth changes are not possible due to a lack of synchromesh? This only applies to downward changes, as there is synchromesh in second third and fourth. I would say few change down to first on the move so I don't see that there should be a problem as long as the clutch ...
- Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:44 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1687
Re: Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
Hi - if I may venture an opinion my advice would be to keep (or even refurbish?) the old gearbox and and don't make any changes to the car that you can't change back again. That way a future owner will have the option of returning the car to original and you don't have to take a hit on its sale val...
- Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:30 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1687
Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion
Dear all I am mulling upgrading the original gearbox of my MKII (1963), 2.4 by opting for the Tremec Borg Warner T5 gearbox conversion kit. This will entail substituting the old current gearbox for a new gearbox. I have no doubts the vehicle will become more driveable as the original gearbox does no...
- Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1827
Re: General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
Hello Grumpypete and PPV
Thank you for your useful replies. Appreciated.
Clive
Thank you for your useful replies. Appreciated.
Clive
- Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: Original suppliers of MK II carpets
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1626
Original suppliers of MK II carpets
Hello I intend to replace the carpet in full of my 1963 MK II. The interior trim colour is the original Suede Green matching the Dark Opalescent green exterior. Does anyone know which factory/trade name supplied the carpets to Jaguar back then? I have found a number of names producing carpets for MK...
- Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Parts sourcing for MK II
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1592
Re: Parts sourcing for MK II
I buy parts from most of the suppliers advertising in our magazine. Some, such as SNG Barratt, re-manufacture parts that are no longer available from Jaguar. As a consequence of this, I tend to use them. They are within an hours drive and so that helps. Alec Gurney. Thank you Alec for sharing your ...
- Wed May 22, 2019 12:31 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Chrome parts
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1600
Re: Chrome parts
Hi Clive, for the outside then the mazak items are the door handles, rear number plate plinth, rear light plinths, Jaguar leaper and the boot lock I think. Mazak can be rechromed if not pitted and if the rechromer can polish out the imperfections. Otherwise all other items can be rechromed. Interna...
- Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Chrome parts
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1600
Re: Chrome parts
Thank you for your valued feedback. Looks like a lot of mazak was used for the small parts, with the real metal left for the bumpers and front grill. I will re chrome these and the rest I will replace.
Thank you again for your insights. Much appreciated.
Clive
Thank you again for your insights. Much appreciated.
Clive
- Sat May 11, 2019 3:07 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Chrome parts
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1600
Chrome parts
Is it better to re chrome old pitted chrome or replace with new chrome parts? ...From a quality perspective rather than cost or time....my impression is that re chroming the old parts - assuming that the re chroming is done professionally - the end result will be better (better metals used in the pa...
- Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Parts sourcing for MK II
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1592
Parts sourcing for MK II
Without pitting autoparts sources on here, I would like to know from your experience which sourcing brand you found best in terms of quality of parts? I see that SNC Barratt are very comprehensive but not sure of the quality of their parts (never tried them so far). M&C Wilkinson look very professio...
- Sat May 11, 2019 3:01 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1827
General servicing of MK II 2.4 1963
I have recently acquired a MK II 2.4 and I intend to give it a general service i.e. replacing engine oil, gearxbox oil, coolant, brake fluid etc. Would replacing routine items (engine oil filter, air filter, petrol filter etc ) require the replacement of other ancillary parts such as seals, washers,...
- Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: Cleaning headlining
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4473
Re: Cleaning headlining
Maybe this sounds too naive....I have applied Turtle Wax's Upholstery Cleaner spray to clean the interior of modern cars. It always cleaned well without damage. Perhaps one may try using it on a small patch first.