Search found 8 matches
- Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:34 pm
- Forum:S-Type
- Topic: Car rolled in PARK
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1026
Car rolled in PARK
Has anybody heard of this, please? I halted on sloping ground, put the car in park, assumed that the handbrake engaged (03MY) and pressed the boot release on the dash. I got out with the engine still running, but the boot hadn't unlatched. So I reached in through the open driver's window and tried t...
- Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:47 am
- Forum:S-Type
- Topic: Rust near fuel filler
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3811
Re: Rust near fuel filler
Thanks, Andy. That filler drain is (and was) fine, although I thought it was my sunroof drain at first - to much confusion 
Have you ever taken your filler assembly out?
Ollie
Have you ever taken your filler assembly out?
Ollie
- Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:24 am
- Forum:S-Type
- Topic: Rust near fuel filler
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3811
Rust near fuel filler
I've got a little spot of rust coming through on the swage line just forward of the filler. Does anybody have ideas how water could be getting in there, please? I suspect the sunroof. Also, I can't see between the double skins of the wing, either from inside the boot or the wheel arch. Has anybody r...
- Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:38 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Interiors
- Topic: overhead console
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1570
Re: overhead console
Thanks to both Andys - I needed something to give me confidence. Meanwhile I'll try Brian's suggestion first. An online post suggested turning the latch 180 degrees - that seems to make mine worse, so perhaps someone else has already flipped it once ;-) Has anyone tried the cheaper offerings from Eb...
- Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:29 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Interiors
- Topic: overhead console
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1570
overhead console
I've got a 2002 (03 MY) 3l (early body, late interior) SAJAC01B43FM65461. My sunglasses storage cubby in the overhead console doesn't fasten securely and comes open on bumpy roads. I'm trying to remove the whole overhead console so I can work on the catch. Is there a special trick to freeing the ove...
- Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Transmission
- Topic: Stuck in first gear
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1752
Re: Stuck in first gear
Thankyou, gents
I'll try the oil change and re-flash. Mileage is 130,000 kms, but the battery is showing green in its condition window (and there are no other electrical gremlins to report). I appreciate the help 
- Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Transmission
- Topic: Stuck in first gear
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1752
Stuck in first gear
A few times now y 2004 2.5l has shown a 'Gearbox Fault' warning and seemed to be stuck in first (4000 rpm giving less that 30 kph). Switching off and on cured it. My local specialist scanned it and reported a failure to change from 1st to 2nd, rather than 3rd gear limp home mode. In the past it seem...
- Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: NZ S-Type
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1745
NZ S-Type
Dr Oliver Hancock has a 2004 2.5l ex-Japan in Zircon Blue. I used to have an XJ40 in the UK, and I've been a JEC member since 2007. Since moving to NZ I've picked up an S-Type. I always liked them when first released, and now I can afford one!