Search found 15 matches
- Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: REMOVING RADIATOR DRAIN PLUG ON XK8
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2228
Re: REMOVING RADIATOR DRAIN PLUG ON XK8
Mike, thanks for your response. The plug has 2 short "arm"s which each have a barb at the end to prevent the plug accidentally dropping out of the radiator. The problem I am having is that the plug, when fully unscrewed, does not come out far enough to allow these "arms" to be squeezed together and ...
- Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: REMOVING RADIATOR DRAIN PLUG ON XK8
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2228
REMOVING RADIATOR DRAIN PLUG ON XK8
Hi
I would be grateful if someone could tell me the best way to remove the radiator drain plug on an XK8 so a new one can be fitted.
Thanks
Doug
I would be grateful if someone could tell me the best way to remove the radiator drain plug on an XK8 so a new one can be fitted.
Thanks
Doug
- Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Better brighter headlamp bulbs for 1998 XK8 - advices pls
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4693
Re: Better brighter headlamp bulbs for 1998 XK8 - advices pl
This might be of interest, the results of a test that Auto Express carried out last year:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... ested.html
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... ested.html
- Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: XK8/R SEMINAR 10 MARCH 2012
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2264
Re: XK8/R SEMINAR 10 MARCH 2012
Hi Paul
Im staying there to. It would be good to meet up, I will PM you my mobile number.
Doug Cooper
Im staying there to. It would be good to meet up, I will PM you my mobile number.
Doug Cooper
- Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: XK8/R SEMINAR 10 MARCH 2012
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2264
XK8/R SEMINAR 10 MARCH 2012
Hi
I am planning to arrive for the Seminar on Friday the 9th and was wondering if anyone of you were doing the same and, if so, whether you would be interested in meeting up for a drink.
Doug
I am planning to arrive for the Seminar on Friday the 9th and was wondering if anyone of you were doing the same and, if so, whether you would be interested in meeting up for a drink.
Doug
- Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:53 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Independant Specialist for XK8
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1877
Independant Specialist for XK8
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good independant garage for servicing. I am based in Woodford Green on the London/Essex borders but would be willing to travel up to 60 miles as long as the garage provided a courtesy car.
Thanks
Doug
Can anyone recommend a good independant garage for servicing. I am based in Woodford Green on the London/Essex borders but would be willing to travel up to 60 miles as long as the garage provided a courtesy car.
Thanks
Doug
- Sun May 30, 2010 1:32 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Water Pump
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3688
Water Pump
Hi
I have a 2003 XK8 and was wondering if someone could tell me when Jaguar started fitting the redesigned/uprated water pump as standard.
It appears from the parts list that the part number remained the same through to 2005.
Thanks
Doug
I have a 2003 XK8 and was wondering if someone could tell me when Jaguar started fitting the redesigned/uprated water pump as standard.
It appears from the parts list that the part number remained the same through to 2005.
Thanks
Doug
- Sat May 29, 2010 7:25 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Low Brake Pedal
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2262
Hi I have used a standard replacement K&N filter for years on a Classic Range Rover without problems and apparent positive result. When I purchased my XK8 I intended to fit a K&N but read that there was a possibility that any excess oil (I assume only an issue if over oiled) could affect the breathi...
- Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: convertible roof faulty
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3380
This could be the same or very similar problem, see this link: http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32717 on the Jaguar Forum.
Doug
Doug
- Tue May 11, 2010 5:54 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Tensioners
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1574
- Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: XJS roof lining
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7724
I think Wheeler Dealers might have used this Company: NATIONWIDE TRIM Great Britain 17 BARTLEET ROAD B98 0DG REDDITCH, WORCESTERSHIRE Phone: 01527 518851 UPDATE: There are several XJS headlinings for sale on Ebay (search under "XJS headlining). I believe the one at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAGUAR-XJS-...
- Mon May 10, 2010 6:04 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Tensioners
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1574
Tensioners
Hi Can someone please help with the following: I have seen a lot written about the issues and problems relating to tensioners and understand that Jaguar has uprated them on several occasions. I have a 2003 4.2 XK8 (first registerered in January 2003) with 24K on the clock and was wondering if it wou...
- Sun May 09, 2010 5:48 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1338
New Member
Hi Just joined the JEC after a years ownership of my 2003 4.2 XK8 (with 24k miles on the clock). It took a while to decide which club to join but finally opted for the JEC rather than a model specific club so I would have a chance to see all the other great Jag models and meet and chat with their ow...
- Sat May 08, 2010 10:40 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Coolant Type and Level
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3260
Coolant Type and Level
Hi
What coolant should be used in a 2003 4.2 XK8 (a part no. would be great) and what is the correct fill level in the expansion tank?
Thanks
What coolant should be used in a 2003 4.2 XK8 (a part no. would be great) and what is the correct fill level in the expansion tank?
Thanks
- Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Engine
- Topic: Engine Oil Change on XK8
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4145
Engine Oil Change on XK8
Hi Im new to the Club and relatively new to XK8 ownership and would be grateful for some advice and information: 1. When changing the engine oil is there a specific procedure to be followed, i.e. drain and replace oil before removing and replacing oil filter to ensure oil pump remains primed? 2. The...