Search found 14 matches
- Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:01 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Heater Control Valve
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2902
Just for possible interest .... My old heater comntrol valve appeared to work okay whilst still in the car. By removing the vacuum pipe and applying a vacuum manually the linkage on the valve moved to it's full extent. However, when I removed the valve from the car I found that with no vacuum the ac...
- Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:38 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Heater Control Valve
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2902
Thanks for the info guys, sorry it's taken a few days to reply. The heater valve is now fitted. Yes, sore knuckles and a broken watch, plus many expletives. But.... But, it all seems to be working hunky dory. And it's bliss to have warm air blowing out. Let's just hope nice cold air blows out in the...
- Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:56 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Heater Control Valve
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2902
It's far from healthy. I get angry that my left electric mirror will move from side to side but not up and down. It annoys me irrationaly, I mean, after you've adjusted the mirrors once when do you ever need to do so again? But I find myself trying to just in case it's started working again. Why do ...
- Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:05 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Heater Control Valve
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2902
Thanks for your reply Mark. Somehow I just knew it wasn't going to be easy or straightforward. The joys of Jag ownership. I should have never bought a Jaguar because I have this inbred need that everything in the car must work. Whether I use it or not, it *must* work. Maybe those Morris Minors don't...
- Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Heater Control Valve
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2902
Heater Control Valve
The heater control valve on my 1990 V12 is suspect. It's the vacuum operated valve mounted on the bulkhead, centre of the engine bay right below the air intake grille. The symptoms are that it has difficulty switching from cold (air con) to heat and vice versa. It seems that when cooling is called f...
- Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:56 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Another new member
- Replies: 2
- Views: 928
Another new member
Hi Glen
Welcome to the forum
Hope you get your ignition problems sorted out very soon. Owning an XJS can be frustrating at times, but ohhhh what beauties they are
Keith
Welcome to the forum
Hope you get your ignition problems sorted out very soon. Owning an XJS can be frustrating at times, but ohhhh what beauties they are
Keith
- Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:13 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Headlining
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1783
Headlining
Hi Linda,
I think you'll find that the part number for the headlining id BD47656. I'm not too sure if that helps much but good luck in your search.
Regards
Keith
I think you'll find that the part number for the headlining id BD47656. I'm not too sure if that helps much but good luck in your search.
Regards
Keith
- Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:43 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Classic Car Show at NEC: Who's going?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1657
Classic Car Show at NEC: Who\'s going?
Nice one Simon, glad you enjoyed your day. Couldn't make it myself
Nice pic outside Browns Lane, I'd like one like that for myself with my big cat
Regards
Keith
Nice pic outside Browns Lane, I'd like one like that for myself with my big cat
Regards
Keith
- Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:30 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Steering-wheel Badge Colours
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2490
Steering-wheel Badge Colours
My series 3 V12 has a gold growler on black background to backup what the other guys have said.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
- Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:36 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Computer problems, part 2
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1811
Computer problems, part 2
It's all sorted and working now. All it was was the connector on the .... "ECU interface unit".... (for want of a better description) hanging off. :oops: It's the thing with four connectors inside the right hand side boot next to the battery. Sorry to be so... technical.... in my description but I'm...
- Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:21 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Computer problems, part 2
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1811
Computer problems, part 2
Thanks for the reply Mark, I wish the computer would talk to the fuel gauge regarding the "fuel used =0" :lol: I guess there must be a fuel sensor/signal problem, maybe a broken wire or something simple. Finding that wire is anything but simple though :? Good suggestion about trying in another XJS.....
- Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:54 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Computer problems, part 2
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1811
Computer problems, part 2
So as to not hijack the other thread..... I'm having trouble with the fuel readouts from my trip computer. The displays show 0, 99, 0 for the Fuel, Inst and Ave readings respectively even after resetting. All other figures are correct. The Inst fuel reading resets from 99 to 0 when the vehicle is st...
Buzzer
Thanks for the replies guys - at least I'll not have a fuitless search for a faulty buzzer
Keith
Keith
Buzzer
Okay, so I left the lights on overnight and obviously the battery was as flat as a flat thing in the morning. With all the refinements of the vehicle - a 1990 XJS V12 - I'm rather surprised it doesn't have a lights on warning buzzer........... or does it? Maybe it has one and it just doesn't work. I...