Search found 18 matches
Seats
Hi, I have a question about seats, I am looking at a nice set of leather seats but I understand that they are from a Daimler 250 ( well the frames are.) does any body know if they would fit my s-type as is, also to complicate matters the back rest has 9 pleats and the seat base 15? Any ideas much ap...
- Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:32 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: S-type/420 seats
- Replies: 1
- Views: 957
S-type/420 seats
Hello all, I have a 1968 s-type and wish to change the seats, I have seen a set of leather seats (mine are ambla) but they are from a 420, are the 420 seats different to the s-type or a straight swap. Also would it make a difference between manual and automatic.
Many thanks for any help
Many thanks for any help
- Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Brake fluid
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2392
Re: Brake fluid
Many thanks gents for your quick and informative responses, I will not be back in the garage for a few weeks unfortunately but will be going through this test as soon as possible, starting with the pistons, master cylinder, servo. Many thanks Dave.
- Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Brake fluid
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2392
Brake fluid
Hello all, I am just getting my 1968 s-type back on the road after a long layup and have two questions. 1. What brake and clutch fluid should I be using. I am So confused with do3, dot4, 5, 5.1??? 2. My brake pedal is solid and will not move. So any help and advice on the above would be most helpful...
- Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Carb Reconditioning
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3869
Re: Carb Reconditioning
Hi all, sorry for the late reply to many things keep getting in the way. Anyway the company I used was CFS and with the new floats and bits the cost was about £360 with a very quick turnaround of about 2 weeks if I remember correctly and great communication from a very knowledgeable person on the ph...
- Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:40 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Webasto roof
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1205
Re: Webasto roof
Dave
Many thanks for the info of the trimming center I will certainly follow up as mine needs replacing and a new handle, once again thanks.
Many thanks for the info of the trimming center I will certainly follow up as mine needs replacing and a new handle, once again thanks.
- Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Webasto roof
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1205
Webasto roof
Hello all, I have a webasto sunroof fitted to my s type and looking for a company to give it a overhaul, can anyone point me to company's that would carry out the work. I am based in London but would travel for the right company, I seem to think that there was a firm in the Kent area that would trav...
Bodywork
Hi, I hope someone can help, I am looking to have some bodywork done on my 1968 3.4 s-type so looking for a restoration firm that are close to me (based in Twickenham west London) that do good work at a reasonable cost. There are some good firms about but need one that understands our cars. Many tha...
- Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:18 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Carb Reconditioning
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3869
Re: Carb Reconditioning
Hello
Many thanks for your replies, I now have them back after reconditioning, all nice and clean and polished. The two old brass floats, both had holes both now have been replaced with military grade ethnol resistant plastic ones.
Many thanks
Many thanks for your replies, I now have them back after reconditioning, all nice and clean and polished. The two old brass floats, both had holes both now have been replaced with military grade ethnol resistant plastic ones.
Many thanks
- Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:09 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel tank wows
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2158
Re: Fuel tank wows
Hello Alec Many thanks for your reply, this sent me off in the right direction and a chance meeting with a friend of a friend who works at a small Engineering company had a look at both the tank and the drain plug. The result was that the tank had a shallow thread, this was re-cut and both fit toget...
- Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Fuel tank wows
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2158
Fuel tank wows
Hello all, I thought I would clean my fuel system through, so out came the os fuel tank from my 3.4 s-type, removed the sender first. All fine, next the drain plug/Filter and that's when the trouble started, with spaners/hammer and anything else I could throw at it, it would not move. So after days ...
- Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Carb Reconditioning
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3869
Carb Reconditioning
Hello all, I am just about to have my pair of HD6 carburetters reconditioned so I am looking for a good company to undertake the work. I have found in this month's PC magazine a company called Classic fuel systems, so has anybody used this company before so would be gratefully for any feedback with ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Steering
- Topic: power steering fluid
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2845
- Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:41 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: good fuel
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2932
- Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: good fuel
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2932