Search found 4 matches
- Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:08 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Passenger window
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1220
Passenger window
I have a 1998 coupe, the passenger window is not operational, either automatically or on the button from both doors. There is however an audible click when trying the buttons
Any advice before I start ripping the door panel off and buying bits? Thanks Steve
- Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:21 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Leaking Power steering
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1021
Leaking Power steering
Warning - this could happen to you. Similar to Bill last year my XK8 (1998 4.0 coupe) sprung a leak from the cooling fin unit turned out to be corrosion where the flexi from the resevoir connects to the pipe of the cooler. Very local corrosion but because of the pressure quite a fast loss. Horrible ...
- Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:01 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Brakes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1826
:) Thankyou for the help. I have gone for the new style ECB's (slotted and anodised) with red pads. Green pads have been excellent on previous cars. The "new" red pads are supposed to have v.good cold response wich was always the reason for recommending "green" for road use. We will see. I too was l...
- Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:51 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Brakes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1826
Front Brakes
Does anyone have any experience changing the front rotors & pads (1998 XK8 4.0) I have bought a set of ECB's as replacements and I'm considering doing them myself. I have experience on other vehicle types but first time on the XK8 - any pitfalls I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for any advice...