Thanks Mike,
I'll look for a back-issue.
Meon
Search found 10 matches
- Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:03 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Daimler XJ S1 Bronze chrome trim for Radio / Heating Console
- Replies: 2
- Views: 417
- Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:42 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Buy and Sell
- Topic: Wanted: Chrome trim set around for radio / heating console
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1103
Wanted: Chrome trim set around for radio / heating console
Hi, I am looking for a chrome trim set (2 pieces) that fit vertically on the side of the black coloured console trim which is used to house the radio / heating unit. It is trim that is only used on the Daimler XJ Series 1 and the Jaguar V12 models. Can anyone advise who to contact to get hold of the...
- Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:40 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Daimler XJ S1 Bronze chrome trim for Radio / Heating Console
- Replies: 2
- Views: 417
Daimler XJ S1 Bronze chrome trim for Radio / Heating Console
Hi, I am looking for a chrome trim set (2 pieces) that fit vertically on the side of the black coloured console trim which is used to house the radio / heating unit. It is trim that is only used on the Daimler XJ Series 1 and the Jaguar V12 models. Can anyone advise who to contact to get hold of the...
- Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Interiors
- Topic: Headliner Board Replacement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6882
Re: Headliner Board Replacement
Thanks Mike & Richard for your thoughts.
Will keep the forum updated on my eventual solution.
M.
Will keep the forum updated on my eventual solution.
M.
- Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:01 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Interiors
- Topic: Headliner Board Replacement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6882
Headliner Board Replacement
Hi, Looking for some advice please regarding the options on finding a replacement to the original headliner (card) board on my LWB S1/S2. My car no longer has the original headliner board. The ideal solution would be to source a used headliner board that is still re-usable, but given that'll be like...
- Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:38 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Transmission
- Topic: Differential Swap
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5619
Re: Differential Swap
Hi Robbie, I think Mike described it well. GWautos do gearbox conversions for XJ6s and XJ12s but they are not cheap solutions. Given what you are looking for I would be sorely tempted to keep the 3.31 diff, keep the original autobox, and replace it with a Jaguar Salisbury 4 speed with O/D or a Treme...
- Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Transmission
- Topic: 4 speed auto conversion for V12 saloons
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4667
Re: 4 speed auto conversion for V12 saloons
Hi Mike, Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Good to know that the Graham Whitehouse solution worked out well. By coincidence, I did contact GW autos recently however the quote was approx 10K GBP which is close to what the car is currently worth. In that respect, probably not the most sensible/...
- Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:44 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Transmission
- Topic: 4 speed auto conversion for V12 saloons
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4667
Re: 4 speed auto conversion for V12 saloons
Hi Mike, I saw your post from a few years back regarding changing your 3 speed auto to a 4 speed auto. Did you actually go through with this idea, and if so can you advise on the end results and your conclusions. I have a similar dilemma. Thanks.
Rgds,
M.
Rgds,
M.
- Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:48 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Transmission
- Topic: Differential change for Series 1 V12
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3317
Re: Differential change for Series 1 V12
Thanks Mike for sharing your experience, appreciated. I'll stick to the current 3.31 diff for as long as possible. It's not that bad and only I really notice it. I wouldn't want to swap out the gearbox as to be frank it would be more cost and effort than the car's worth. With the current diff ratio ...
- Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 pm
- Forum:XJ Series Saloons ▸Transmission
- Topic: Differential change for Series 1 V12
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3317
Differential change for Series 1 V12
Hi, I have a series 1 V12 LWB Daimler with the BW-12 3 speed automatic gearbox. I am considering to swap the differential from its current 3.31 ratio to a 2.88 ratio as used on the later series 3 V12s. I figure it will drop the revs by about 500 rpm at cruising speed to about 2500 rpm. What are your...