Thanks Derek.
I'm actually going to change the thermostat first, as the pipes are cold on either side of the hot water valve, but I will keep your suggestions in mind if that doesn't bring it up to full heat.
Cheers,
Marcus.
Search found 6 matches
- Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: XJ 40 Cabin heater not working.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5059
- Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: XJ 40 Cabin heater not working.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5059
Thanks Rob. I think we will check the valve first, just to be sure, as I have had a Forte flush in there for weeks. If the valve is working, then I think it will mean a new matrix. By the way, I know you sell parts on Ebay. Do you have any good condition passenger side cabin fans at the moment? Also...
- Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: XJ 40 Cabin heater not working.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5059
Hi Rob, Thanks for your reply. The current status is that I have changed the climate computer, which appears to work and open vents etc. The passenger side fan is broken and has been removed (just looking for a replacement), but the driver's side fan started working with the new computer. The remain...
- Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:08 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Air Con
- Topic: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY AIRCON RE-CHARGED?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5511
Hi Dennis, Did the tap of the screwdriver fix your heating problem? Only, I have the same problem on my 1990 Sovereign. I have been hoping that changing the climate control computer will fix it (hopefully getting one this week), as that was unreliable and so needed changing anyway. I'd be interested...
- Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: XJ 40 Cabin heater not working.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5059
XJ 40 Cabin heater not working.
Hi Everyone, My cabin heater has stopped working on my 1990 Sovereign 4.0L. It was sort of providing some heat, but now it's stopped altogether. I had put a cleaning agent in the water system, which did improve the level of heat initially, but now it's stone cold. I was wondering if there may be a w...
- Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Apparently Juddering Drive-train in 1990 Sovereign 4.0L.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3077
Apparently Juddering Drive-train in 1990 Sovereign 4.0L.
Hi Everyone, Something in my drive-train seems to have begun juddering momentarily, as if the whole thing is suddenly encountering some resistance, then frees up again. It seems to do it more often the faster I go. I'm hoping it isn't the gearbox and, in my experience, the gearboxes are pretty tough...