Search found 18 matches
- Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:31 am
- Forum:JEC Racing ▸General
- Topic: Boss/Hub for 95 Jag XJ
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1244
Boss/Hub for 95 Jag XJ
Thought this might be the best section to get an informed response, does anyone know if the XJ40 shares the same steering column as the X300? Specifically the spline number and size. I'm trying to find a boss/Hub kit to fit a steering wheel but nothing is coming up for the X300, I really would prefe...
- Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Steering wheel boss/hub
- Replies: 0
- Views: 801
Steering wheel boss/hub
Does anyone know if the XJ40 shares the same steering column as the X300? Specifically the spline number and size. I'm trying to find a boss/Hub kit to fit a steering wheel but nothing is coming up for the X300, I really would prefer not to have to have one made because I suspect that would be mega ...
- Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: 95 3.2 hesitation at low rpm
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2730
Re: 95 3.2 hesitation at low rpm
Thanks will do, I've run out of time for now and the car is stuck on the drive as it won't start anymore, strong smell of fuel so I think it's over fueling and flooded itself.
- Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸Engine
- Topic: 95 3.2 hesitation at low rpm
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2730
95 3.2 hesitation at low rpm
I've a little issue with my 3.2 which started last week, I went out to the garage and started the car it coughed and spluttered a bit which is unusual for it as it normally starts up on the button, anyway we went out in it but it became immediately obvious it wasn't happy, struggles to rev and almos...
- Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:59 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Base model X300 wheel trims
- Replies: 3
- Views: 763
Re: Base model X300 wheel trims
My guess would be that your car would have been spec'd with alloy wheels. I have a base XJ6, and it has full leather, and alloys, also a half-wood steering wheel. Most base XJ6's were spec'd with something extra. If you go to your nearest dealer, he'll tell you what the spec of your car was as supp...
- Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:50 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Base model X300 wheel trims
- Replies: 3
- Views: 763
Base model X300 wheel trims
Hi,
I'm trying to find out what wheel trims were available for the base model 3.2 x300 cars, my car has alloys on it at the moment but I would like to put it back to how it would have come new.
Does anyone know what the trim choices were and where I could find them and the steel wheels.
Thanks
I'm trying to find out what wheel trims were available for the base model 3.2 x300 cars, my car has alloys on it at the moment but I would like to put it back to how it would have come new.
Does anyone know what the trim choices were and where I could find them and the steel wheels.
Thanks
- Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4796
Re: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
Thanks I saw those, I actually ended up with a very solid base 3.2 manualThere are a couple of manuals for sale on this web site that might be of interest.
http://www.exclusively-jaguar.co.uk/cat ... nd-wanted/
- Thu May 09, 2019 7:48 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: 3.2 Manual, worth it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1094
Re: 3.2 Manual, worth it?
That is the conclusion I came too also. It's just such a rare beast that when one comes up I get carried away!Wouldn't touch it for that money. The Manual gearbox 'shouldn't' be too much of a draw. If you really wanted a manual gearbox car, you should only do 4 litre.
- Wed May 08, 2019 10:58 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4796
Re: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
Thread revival! I never got round to buying a manual XJ and now after some family issues I am again on the look out for one. I did see a 3.2 manual and was supposed to be going to view it today but on reflection It's a little bit too much, needing welding and it's a 3.2. I would prefer at least a 4....
- Wed May 08, 2019 7:59 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: 3.2 Manual, worth it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1094
Re: 3.2 Manual, worth it?
All it has going for it is a manual gearbox, which makes it rare, but spoils the car. For £2,500, you can buy any number of good Jaguar saloons, with ten years reliable life left in them. Or you could buy a potential money pit, like this one. To be fair that it's a manual is the only reason i'm con...
- Tue May 07, 2019 7:49 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: 3.2 Manual, worth it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1094
3.2 Manual, worth it?
I've been offered a 3.2 manual for £2500 I have never seen the car as it is about 300 miles away, however the seller tells me it needs a small area of both sills welding the paint on the roof is rough and the oil pressure gauge is reading 0. what do you who are in the know think? https://www.ebay.co...
- Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:09 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Xj40 4.0 Manual (link fixed)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1738
Re: Xj40 4.0 Manual (link fixed)
That would be a great shame it seems too good to break cosmetics aside.Don't know it but it looks like one that was for sale early this year. Don't see many 4.0 manuals. If its cheap enough someone will break it for its gearbox.
- Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:56 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: Xj40 4.0 Manual (link fixed)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1738
Xj40 4.0 Manual (link fixed)
Does anybody know of this car?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ6-XJ ... 1438.l2649
Another Interesting project for you Naki?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ6-XJ ... 1438.l2649
Another Interesting project for you Naki?
- Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4796
Re: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
Sorry to 'push-in'. The main rust points on these X300's are the bottom of the front wings, and the apex of the rear arches. I've got an 'ordinary' X300 XJ6 and it's a great car, really strong, and I've done a complete body overhaul without too-much heartache. There are pages on here with my result...
- Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 am
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4796
Re: XJ 4.0/XJR/XJR6 Manual
No one really wants a rusty car, so it’s down to how much you can tolerate/ cope with. Besides that, you sound like you are ready for another Jag. Yes, good point, I should probably clarify I know rust is inevitable on any car from this period (ex series 3 owner :lol: ) If it's cosmetic I'm not tha...