Search found 8 matches
- Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:06 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5101
Re: Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
Finally gave in & put the car into a local Jag. independent (Mcmillans in Motherwell). They diagnosed there was a fault in the small electric fan, & replaced it. Problem solved. I guess it proves the point that you can flounder around in the dark with electrics, but unless you have greater skills th...
- Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5101
Re: Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
Thanks Mike (Sorry I haven't been able to respond to your helpful suggestions sooner, but I've been away for a few days in the 'back of beyond' without internet access & have just read your message). I'll have a look at the wiring & see whether there's any problems there. I've just checked the fuses...
- Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5101
Cooling Fan fuses keep blowing (30 amp)
Whilst stop start driving in traffic yesterday, the temp. gauge started moving rapidly towards the red. Luckily I managed to pull over immediately to allow the engine to cool down. I checked the 30 amp fuse (no. 10) for the electric cooling fan, as I hadn't heard it running, & it was 'blown'. When I...
- Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Air Con
- Topic: Rattling noise from A/C
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4167
Re: Rattling noise from A/C
That's interesting, Oldtimer. I don't think the process Kwikfit use involves topping up the oil content. I was trying to keep an eye on what was involved, but it all seemed to be done automatically with little manual activity. I'll obviously need to keep an eye on the aircon performance, & if the pr...
- Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Air Con
- Topic: Rattling noise from A/C
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4167
Re: Rattling noise from A/C
Thanks Mike. I decided to just take the car into Kwikfit yesterday to get the aircon recharged (£49) which seems to have done the trick, as it's blowing cold air now & the rattle has disappeared. However, the technician said there was hardly any pressure left in the system at the start of the proces...
- Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Air Con
- Topic: Rattling noise from A/C
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4167
Rattling noise from A/C
My A/C has stopped blowing cold air. The fans seem to be working OK, but only blow warm air. Also, when I switch on the A/C button, I get a rattling sound from under the bonnet, which disappears when I switch off the A/c. I'm wondering whether the system just needs re-charging (could the lack of flu...
- Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: service costs
- Replies: 15
- Views: 6279
You're probably much better with an independent if you can find one . I had my XK8 (8 years old) serviced by the local main dealer recently. It failed an MOT one week later due to seriously worn front brake pads!! They eventually admitted the mechanic hadn't even removed the wheels to check brakes/ ...
- Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Warranty Company refusing to pay - Long Post - sorry
- Replies: 21
- Views: 9354
I had just bought my XK8 with an Autoprotect warranty a year ago. After reading some of the posts on the subject of these warranties I, understandably, began to feel a bit nervous. However, I have to report that my experience of Autoprotect has been quite the opposite of some of the posters. I've su...