Search found 28 matches
- Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Front Discs for XKR
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3061
HI I have a 2003 XKR also with Brembo brakes. I recently changed all 4 disks and pads and got all the part for c£570 from Norman motors who often advertises in JEC magazine. They fitted fine but squeeked for a whil, but seem to be settling in now. The pads in particular and very cheap. I cant say th...
- Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Vibration at c70mph
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2352
- Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Vibration at c70mph
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2352
- Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres
- Topic: Vibration at c70mph
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2352
Vibration at c70mph
2003 4.2XKR 95k miles I replaced my track rod ends 6 weeks back then had my wheels aligned. A month later a took the car back to get the alignment checked and they were out again by a large margin c3degrees. They corrected it again and now a week later they feel out again and I am getting some shaki...
- Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Speed Tracer
- Replies: 0
- Views: 753
Speed Tracer
I bought the PC based scan tool from Autoenginuity which comes with speed Tracer. I have tried to use it but am getting incorrect results. I tested the car in 3rd gear starting the test at 2500 RPM. The results suggest that I am getting 442bhp which is unlikey given it is a 2003 Jagaur XKR, at the b...
- Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Wheel nut key
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1232
- Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Wheel nut key
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1232
Wheel nut key
Hi I have managed to strip the inside of my key for the locking wheel nuts! It has a 67 stamped on the top of it, can I get another one from anywhere? I called my local jag dealer who would only sell me a complete set for £67+VAT. However a friend who has a 2001 XJ8 used his on my car (2003XKR) and ...
- Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:52 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: rear end ratio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1316
rear end ratio
I have a MY2003 4.2 XKR and want to know the rear end ratio (aka final drive ratio) for the car, does anyone know?? The reason I ask is that I have a bit of software called SpeedTracer which I got free with Autoenginutiy software which I can connect to the car whilst driving and it can work out BHP,...
- Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:09 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Rear Number plate space - abnormal shape?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2884
- Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:57 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Rear shocks for 2003 XKR
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3751
- Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:07 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Technical day
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2507
Technical day
Is there any plan to do a technical day for the XK/XKR this year? I believe there was one last year but I didnt make it along. I would be keen to attend as there are not many specialist in my area and I have a few issues I would like to share!! Many thanks Jon
- Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Rear shocks for 2003 XKR
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3751
Thanks, I am going to go through everything tomorrow night with the help of a friend. I have already removed everything from the boot and renewed the ARB drop links, shock bushes and all of the bushes in the cross frame. When I push down the rear end of the car and quickly release softly I can hear ...
- Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:01 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Rear shocks for 2003 XKR
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3751
Rear shocks for 2003 XKR
I have a ratttle coming from the back of the car and was told it would be the bottom bushes of the shocks. Having spend a considerable time changes the bushes, the rattle is still there!! I therefore assume that I may need new shocks, how can you tell if they are the problem as they looked OK are we...
- Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Rear shock removal and fitting
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3037
- Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Suspension
- Topic: Rear shock removal and fitting
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3037
Rear shock removal and fitting
Hi Can anyone tell me (in very simple terms!) how to remove the rear shocks on a 2003 XKR coupe? It appears that the top of the shocks go under the rear seats, do I access the top by removing the rear seats? I think I need the top bushes replaced and understand that they need to be pressed in, I als...