Search found 11 matches
- Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
Hi David, Thanks for your further observations which I shall follow up and pass on to my Jag man. You make a good point about the apparently damaged wire. I will follow up on that, too. Thanks, for the tip about an XJ40 part being the same/similar. Great advice! Hopefully, this problem will be sorte...
- Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:22 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
David,
Just received this pic which shows a wider view as you requested. Hoping this may be of more help in your, (very much appreciated) diagnosis.
Cheers
Peter
Just received this pic which shows a wider view as you requested. Hoping this may be of more help in your, (very much appreciated) diagnosis.
Cheers
Peter
- Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
David,
I've now managed to get a pic of the alleged problem part as you asked for. Hope this will identify it. Thanks.
I've now managed to get a pic of the alleged problem part as you asked for. Hope this will identify it. Thanks.
- Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
Hi Paul,
Thanks for that re-assurance that the part (assuming it's the correct one) is available.
As he has had the car for such a long time now it's why I'm getting more deeply involved.
I'll check my local Jaguar dealer, Hendy, to start with.
Peter.
Thanks for that re-assurance that the part (assuming it's the correct one) is available.
As he has had the car for such a long time now it's why I'm getting more deeply involved.
I'll check my local Jaguar dealer, Hendy, to start with.
Peter.
- Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:22 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
David,
Thank you, again. This, I'm sure, will be very helpful. I've sent my man your text and diagram and asked him to send a photograph.
When received, I'll relay it to you.
Club spirit at its best!!
Thank you, again. This, I'm sure, will be very helpful. I've sent my man your text and diagram and asked him to send a photograph.
When received, I'll relay it to you.
Club spirit at its best!!
- Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
Good morning David, I much appreciate your help on this. Thank you! I've passed along your comments and hope to get the problem resolved. He tells me he is having difficulty finding a replacement part. Can you recommend a source other than SNG Barrett? Is the part common with other models of Jaguar,...
- Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
David, I think you've hit the nail on the head! That explains the symptoms and effects to a tee. In addition, I have read AJ6 Engineering's website that the ECU needs modifying (by AJ6, naturally!) to allow for adjustment for the drop off of manifold vacuum in a high mileage engine (like mine!). Wha...
- Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
hi Paul, Yes, he has confirmed there is a spark at the plugs at all times. He did replace the 'spark amplifier module' because he commented that the sparks were not "blue" but were yellowish and, therefore, slightly weak. I thought a spark was a spark but he insisted this isn't the case. Notably, th...
- Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
Thank you Steve. I will relay this info to my "expert".
Cheers.
Cheers.
- Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:47 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
Re: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
Hi davidr Thanks for your welcome to the forum. To answer your question, I don't know whether the problem is electrical or fuel. The rub is, neither does the "independent Jaguar expert" in whose hands it has been for several months! His latest attempt is to replace the (his description)...the "Therm...
- Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:35 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
- Replies: 23
- Views: 4599
1985 XJ-SC fuel delivery problem
I have a 1985 XJ-SC with a 3.6 AJ6 engine (manual 'box). The car has been in the hands of an independent Jaguar mechanic for many months now, who can't seem to fix the problem of the engine cutting out after idling for anything between 15 - 30 minutes. Or, as happened to me twice, just cutting out w...