Search found 13 matches
- Sun May 15, 2022 8:54 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Mk 2 wheels for sale
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1185
Mk 2 wheels for sale
I have now sold my Daimler v8 250, I have 3 steel wheels with good old tyres, (you wouldn't want to put them back into regular use) ,combined with your spare they are good for lay ups or while your car is being painted. £60 for the 3 collect SN160NX in the week or SN55QZ at the weekend 07870611672. ...
- Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Diff input shaft nut
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3183
Re: Diff input shaft nut
Job now done, used all advice given, it was an original leather seal fitted, I don't expect the replacement modern one will last as long. My only concern is I refilled the diff with 1 1/2 litres of oil which doesn't bring the level upto the filler point. I've always thought diffs were filled untill ...
- Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:59 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Tube or Tubeless in steel
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1409
- Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:41 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Tube or Tubeless in steel
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1409
Tube or Tubeless in steel
Hi, I need to replace aging tyres on steel wheels, Daimler V8 250. The existing tyres are marked as tubeless but the valve stems hint at being tubed. Will the replacement tyres need tubes fitted. I have bought some old MK 2 steel wheels to stand the car on while I sort out the existing, and by looki...
- Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Diff input shaft nut
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3183
Re: Diff input shaft nut
Norman, You mentioned using a block type puller, excuse my ignorance, how would this differ from a 3 legged puller, ie what would it look like.
Cheers
Dave
Cheers
Dave
- Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Diff input shaft nut
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3183
Re: Diff input shaft nut
Thanks for your time and all the interesting info. I've filled it with fresh oil to do a flush, will drain it after a run and change the seal with care and noting all the advice.
Thank you
Dave
Thank you
Dave
- Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:50 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Diff input shaft nut
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3183
Re: Diff input shaft nut
Hi, I am about to carry out the same job on my Daimler V8 250. What sealer would you recommend for the splines, also, when I look to see what oil is in my garage I find half a can of 80w90 gl5, which makes me fear it has had the wrong oil in it. Does anyone know if there are any brass components in ...
- Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:15 am
- Forum:E-Type ▸Exhaust
- Topic: Coating or paint
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1930
Coating or paint
Has anyone had dealings or advice with a coating or painting the series 1 and 2 E Type exhaust manifolds. I believe there are ceramic coatings available for appearance and heat deflection. Thank you.
- Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Daimler V8 250 saloon oil pressure relief valve
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1598
Daimler V8 250 saloon oil pressure relief valve
Hi all. I have decided to try and improve my hot low idle oil pressure which is about 10-15 psi at 600 RPM. I have changed the big end bearings and I am replacing the oil pump relief valve. I was surprised to find the existing valve has a small hole through the centre which would allow oil to pass t...
- Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Steering
- Topic: V8 250 saloon or MK 2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2600
Re: V8 250 saloon or MK 2
Thanks for that, yes it does help, mine was fitted the wrong way round with the outer track rods rotated to compensate. I bought it privately with a new MOT and the garage had changed the track rod ends. I am surprised that both ends don't have bearings fitted as the rubber mounted left fitting woul...
- Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Daimler V8 250 saloon big ends
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1906
Re: Daimler V8 250 saloon big ends
Thanks for taking to time to reply, that was my guess but confirmation is nice to have
- Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Steering
- Topic: V8 250 saloon or MK 2
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2600
V8 250 saloon or MK 2
My next problem is, which way round does the steering link go that runs under the sump. mine has the drag link with the bearing on the left (Idler end) and the drag link with the rubber mounted pin on the right (steering box end). This is a power steering car. I would have thought the drag link with...
- Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:58 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Daimler V8 250 saloon big ends
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1906
Daimler V8 250 saloon big ends
Hi all, due to to low oil pressure and while the sump was off for a leak I thought I would replace the con rod big end bearings. I expected to find STD stamped or an over size. I have 307715 and VP in a circle followed by 4166 would this indicate a size please. Dave