Search found 7 matches
- Wed May 05, 2010 12:14 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: horn relay location
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3369
horn relay location
You are right Al, the horn relay has been moved to the middle position, confirmed by removing the relay silencing the horn. I've put it back where it should be. I'll keep my "jury rig" in place and see if the fault returns. Thanks.
- Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: horn relay location
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3369
- Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: horn relay location
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3369
horn relay location
Thanks for the response gentlemen. Paul, the wires on that relay in my car are: Pin 30 - Brown Pin 87 - White/Red Pin 86 - Yellow/White (thin) Pin 85 - Blue (thin) According to the CD Manual they should be Purple, Purple/Yellow, Purple, and Purple/Black. Unfortunately (or fortunately) The problem ha...
- Mon May 03, 2010 3:37 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: horn relay location
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3369
horn relay location
Can anybody confirm the location of the horn relay in the 1993 XJS 4.0? I have the JDHT manual on CD and in shows the relay to be under the hood on the right hand side (drivers side in the UK). The diagram shows it as being the one nearest the firewall, but I find that the wiring colours on this rel...
- Sat May 30, 2009 3:11 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Clarkes jaguar
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3148
Clarkes jaguar
I have only just picked up the post on Clarkes. I bought a facelift 4.0 last december (train to Stafford, view in railway carpark in the rain - should have known better at my age!), and as I knew there was some bodywork to do I took it to Clarkes. They checked the car out and listed potential proble...
- Fri May 29, 2009 1:50 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Paint and trim codes
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1300
Paint and trim codes
I tried to register my XJS on the forum, but the label with the codes on has been damaged. There is enough to confirm the vin number but the colour and trim codes have completely disappeared. Is there any way to find out what the original codes were? Any help appreciated.
- Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:33 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New arrivals
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3412
New arrivals
Hi everybody. I'm reluctant to call myself a "Newbie" as I am approaching 73 years! I've been a member of the JEC for many years (can't remember how many) and am still on my fourth XJ40, which is now destined to be moved on. I've always hankered after the XJS but have been influenced by the availabi...