Evening everyone, I have just added my XK8 to the classifieds, it is also on auto-trader but I'd rather it went to someone like-minded, take a look and give me a shout if you are interested, Chris
REG: WU55 XOV up for £6950 in Bedworth, CV12
Search found 8 matches
- Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸For Sale / Wanted
- Topic: For sale 2005 XK8
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1831
- Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 4.2 Fuel pump
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3235
Re: 4.2 Fuel pump
Sorry for the delay on the update (Weather and work interrupt). It's looking like good news, a change of the fuel filter gave instant results. The fluid from the filter once disconnected was black rather than petrol coloured. The body of the filter was corroded and had probably been on for over 5 ye...
- Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 4.2 Fuel pump
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3235
Re: 4.2 Fuel pump
thanks gents,
I'll try all of these and come back to you with the results.
Chris
I'll try all of these and come back to you with the results.
Chris
- Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:30 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 4.2 Fuel pump
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3235
4.2 Fuel pump
Hello folks, I may have a fuel pump fault on my XK8. Please Let me know what you think to the following. It's a 2005 XK8 with 107000 on the clock. During heavy acceleration it holds back (intermittently). Viewing the live data on a diagnostic device, the fuel pressure reaches 70 psi during overrun, ...
- Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4251
Update: Great news
It's good news; I got the car back today, transmission oil, filter, diagnostics and a software update all done, the dash message-free and the car seems to be working great. I'll have to drive it a couple of hundred miles just to make sure. It's a tough job, but someone has got to do it. yours, an ev...
- Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4251
Re: 2005 XK8 transmission
thanks mike, I've decided against tackling this myself and have booked it in with Chris Forbes at CFS Coventry on Wednesday, I'll ask him to run the diagnostics, check the fluid level and advise what he feels should be next. if just a top-up will do for now, I'll delay replacement until it is due fo...
- Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:18 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4251
Re: New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
Quick update, I finally made my purchase yesterday after viewing several all across the land. I found one from a dealer in Chorley, it made the run back down the M6 no problem.....and then..3 miles from home. warnings on the dash about restricted performance and a strange pop from the transmission s...
- Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4251
New Member, buying XK8 in June2017
Hello everyone, I've just joined as I'm planning to buy myself a 4.2 XK8 Coupe next month. I have a max budget of £8k though which limits me a bit but not, I'm hoping, totally. I've read Nigel Thorley's books for advice.Any other pointers are appreciated though plus if anyone knows of one coming up ...