Search found 3 matches
- Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:12 pm
- Forum:Replicas ▸Aristocats
- Topic: Hot engine
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3846
Re: Hot engine
Well it was a new thermostat so that should be OK - fan belt a little loose (maybe an issue) - engine was a recon unit with excellent pressure on test - if I could have found a manual XJ6 box I would have used it but they seem like hens teeth. I am thinking earthing is one issue - the slave cylinder...
- Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:21 pm
- Forum:Replicas ▸Aristocats
- Topic: Hot engine
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3846
Re: Hot engine
Thanks - I am going to double check/replace the earthing to the starter (which has just been refurbished) - the hydraulic hose does have a little twist in it so could be an issue - it was very fiddly to fit with the slave cylinder in place so I might reconnect (new one) to the slave before bolting t...
- Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:52 pm
- Forum:Replicas ▸Aristocats
- Topic: Hot engine
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3846
Hot engine
I have just managed to fail my IVA with an Aristocat and wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue? I have an XJ6 Series III 4.2 engine which I have fitted to a 4 speed Manual OD Moss box from an early S type. The only mod that I made was to extend the slave cylinder piston to make the gear chan...