Search found 17 matches
- Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:28 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: just accquired an xjr
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1940
Re: just accquired an xjr
Welcome to the JEC Forum. Well you seem to come from a proper Jag family. As a lot of people on here say these cars are fantastic and an absolute bargain and I don't think prices will get much lower then they are now. To cruise around in and on long journeys they are great. I took mine from central ...
- Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: What's that rattle?!
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2861
Re: What's that rattle?!
I have a rattle in the same area on my car also and last week discovered it is coming from the bracket that holds the air suspension compressor. There seems to be a small bush on this and mine is worn. I am going to attempt to get my front bumper off in the next couple of weeks to repair a parking s...
- Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Electrical
- Topic: OBD Problem
- Replies: 0
- Views: 929
OBD Problem
I bought an Icarsoft LR V2 scanner as I have a problem with my parking sensors and thought this may help in getting to the source. I hooked it up on the day I received it to make sure it worked OK and all seemed fine. Then Last weekend I hooked it up to see if I could get to the root of the parking ...
- Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:52 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: First proper trip in the Jag
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1458
Re: First proper trip in the Jag
I'd feel the same Mike. As for the weather Poprivet it was raining so the it must be the car the makes the photo shine 
- Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:59 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: First proper trip in the Jag
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1458
First proper trip in the Jag
Went to the Forrest Hills Hotel over by Aberfoyle for a couple of days and as the scenery was so stunning I couldn't resist getting a few shots of the Jag. Fantastic hotel and very helpful staff. The car behaved impeccably and I love it more every time I take it out.
- Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:20 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: First wash and polish
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2666
Re: First wash and polish
Thanks David. We've been lucky up here today as it's been very sunny which is a nice change. I think it's the first dry day we've had this year.
- Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:08 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: First wash and polish
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2666
Re: First wash and polish
Notice the difference in the colour of the car when it is in the shade.
- Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:59 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸General
- Topic: First wash and polish
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2666
First wash and polish
Well as today was the first sunny weekend we've had since I got my Sovereign a month ago I decided to give it a good wash and polish. Last Saturday I was in halfords and noticed they had a deal on a Meguiars Mirror Bright Kit for £36. The kit consisted of Meguiars Mirror Bright Automobile Shampoo, B...
- Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Got one at last
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4631
Re: Got one at last
You're right there Mike,
As I only drive it at weekends and it's garaged all week (I have a Merceres Citan for work). I got a flurry of excitement when I got it out yesterday. It makes you feel special when you drive one of these cars and everything else seems rather boring.
As I only drive it at weekends and it's garaged all week (I have a Merceres Citan for work). I got a flurry of excitement when I got it out yesterday. It makes you feel special when you drive one of these cars and everything else seems rather boring.
- Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:50 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Got one at last
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4631
Re: Got one at last
I have been able to add pictures tonight. I will add others when I give the car a good clean and polish (as you can see it is covered in ice in the photo). I love the colour, and the interior is almost like new. On another note, does anyone know how to change the front interior main (both map readin...
- Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Got one at last
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4631
- Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Got one at last
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4631
Got one at last
Well I can now delightedly say I finally went and got myself a Jaguar XJ. I had been looking for about a year but due to work and other commitments I just could not find the time to travel to view any. My hankering for a Jaguar XJ originated in 1990 when at the tender age of 21 I wanted one. I worke...
Re: Insurance
I agree with what you all say. My post was originally done in anger :oops: at what I was quoted. As I said earlier, when I previously had classic car insurance the internet was in it's infancy and the likes of Go Compare did not exist. I was shocked at what I was quoted from a classic insurer but eq...
Re: Insurance
I've been on Trovit Mike and it is a good site.
I have a car I am going to see next week. It's a 2005 Sovereign with 63000 miles. I have been in talking with the seller and hopefully we can get a deal done. I will keep you updated.
Jim
I have a car I am going to see next week. It's a 2005 Sovereign with 63000 miles. I have been in talking with the seller and hopefully we can get a deal done. I will keep you updated.
Jim
Re: Insurance
You got a good price for your insurance Mike considering all the mods. I had a 1986 Ford Capri 2.8i Turbo Technics from 2000-2003. The first year the insurance cost was over £600. I then went to one of the advertised classic car insurers and it cost me £180. I got agreed value of £3500 (I wish I cou...