Search found 12 matches
- Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Goodbye Money
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5928
Goodbye Money
Hi guys,just thought I would give you an update.My mk10 has been off the road for about 2 months now and im starting to get withdrawl symptons from not driving it.The last time I had it on the road the brake calipers seized! Anyway I started looking into different soloutions.The 1st been trying to r...
- Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:29 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Tyred
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2480
Tyred
Hi Stuart,sounds like your going to be busy for a long time especially with 2 jags. Well ive been messing about most of the day trying to get the front brakes working correctly but sadly i will be having yet another weekend away without the jag.I had stripped the brakes down, cleaned them all up etc...
- Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 am
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Tyred!!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3511
Hi Stuart,many thanks for your reply.Im going to stick with the tyres ive got for the moment as the previous owner of the car had put new wheels and tyres on and they havn't really covered many miles. I just got a cheap one as the spare although its a whitewall its not the same as the others and i l...
- Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:34 am
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Tyred!!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3511
Tyred!!
I have been preparing my mk10 for a little road trip down south next weekend,although I havn't told the car as every time it knows its going something goes wrong with it and I end up taking my volvo! Anyway I have a spare wheel but without a tyre,so I gave Longstone tyres a call.He told me I had the...
- Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Brake Discs
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4414
Hi Stuart,thanks for your reply,glad you had a good weekend.Ive got the discs back now,ive reconditioned the calipers etc, just waiting for a dry day to refit them.What i wanted to do was something that stopped the horrible scraping noise every time i braked, at a low cost and at a later date i will...
- Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Brake Discs
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4414
Hi Stuart,yeah im picking up the discs in the morning(Friday) im not 100% confident that they will work as to get rid of the deep grooves they will need a fair bit taken off.I was trying to save some money,but realistically it would cost a lot more if the brakes fail and i plough into something,like...
- Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:13 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: Brake Discs
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4414
Brake Discs
Hi im after a pair of front brake discs for my 3.8 mk10,the only company that seems to sell them is sng barratt but they an astonishing £330 per pair which is ridiculas as there not grooved,drilled or vented!! Ive taken mine off and taken them to an engineering company for reskimming but im not conf...
- Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:37 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: MK10 JAG
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5408
Hi Stuart,hope your well,just letting you know it looks like ive sorted it.I went to a place in Radcliffe,Manchester called Jagbreakers.org,they had a mk10 in the corner,99% of it had been stripped but the pumps were still in the tanks.I took both tanks and took one of the pumps out,had to destroy t...
- Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: MK10 JAG
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5408
Hi Stuart,its a 3.8.I will have a look at the 4.2 etype pump.What i need to do intially is stop the fuel coming from the working tank to the non working one,the pump had a non return valve built into it and since ive taken the pump out as soon as i start the car up the fuel comes flowing the the pip...
- Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: MK10 JAG
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5408
Thanks Stuart,yeah have made some more enquiries today.I called David Manners.the chap I spoke to there said if i wanted the original pump i would have to find a second hand one as they are obselete,he said fitting an external pump could work but may cause problems with fuel delivery,pressure etc.He...
- Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: MK10 JAG
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5408
Hi Stuart,many thanks for your reply.I called SNG today and explained what I needed,after several hours they called me back and said they don't stock anything that would be suitable.So it looks like im back to square 1 and because I don't really have a in depth knowledge mechanically im not sure how...
- Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:13 pm
- Forum:Flagship Saloons ▸General
- Topic: MK10 JAG
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5408
MK10 JAG
Hi i have a 1962 mk10 jag,im trying to find a fuel pump for it.Its the early type which is immersed in the petrol tankand has a none return valve on it to stop fuel coming in from the operative side.Ive tried several companies to no avail.If anyone has one or if you no where i could get one it would...