Hello again:
Well, seems it's not so easy. Besides electronics, I must change flywheel from the automatic car engine to adapt it to my manual gearbox, and I don't know if my current flywheel from the 3.6 manual can be fitted to the 4.0.
Search found 11 matches
- Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: 3.6 to 4.0 XJR (XJ40) swap
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2866
- Sat May 27, 2017 7:43 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: 3.6 to 4.0 XJR (XJ40) swap
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2866
Re: 3.6 to 4.0 XJR (XJ40) swap
Thanks, davidr I agree with you. Water pump is valid the one I've in my 3.6 (EBC8550 part). 4.0 manual cars did have the Getrag 290 gearbox, and my XJ-S has the Getrag 265, but seems there's not problem to cope with the 4.0 power. I think it can be simply plug & play except engine electronic managem...
- Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Engine
- Topic: 3.6 to 4.0 XJR (XJ40) swap
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2866
3.6 to 4.0 XJR (XJ40) swap
Hello: I have the opportunity to buy a 4.0 Jaguar sport engine in good condition, from a 1994 XJ40-XJR. This engine is very rare to find, with 247 bhp, tuned by TWR with new inlet manifolds, uprated cams and a tweaked ECU. I am thinking of installing this engine in my car, an 1989 XJ-S 3.6 with manu...
- Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Suspension
- Topic: What tyres to fit?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 13268
Re: What tyres to fit?
Hello: I've the Vredestein Sportrac 5 in 225/60 - 15, and I'm very happy with them. Original 235/60 Pirellis are very expensive, too wide, and hard tyres with no much grip. Car is now more agile and responsive, less fuel comsumption, very good price and great grip (in wet conditions too, far more th...
- Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:36 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Heater core replacement on Delanair III
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5503
Re: Heater core replacement on Delanair III
Hello, and thank you very much for your answers: There's no strange smells inside the cabin, sure. The mist on the windshield comes always after turn off the engine, althought I have not used the air or heat. Usually I don't use the AC because I've another problems with it (I did R134a conversion, n...
- Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: 16 with a Jag! Lily the XJS
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4699
Re: 16 with a Jag! Lily the XJS
Hello: Reading this tread I remembered when was 16 like you... in 1988, I was already dreaming with the XJS. I still keep part of my old high school student folder...just look: http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii515/Fernando_GS/Jaguar%20XJS/carpeta.jpg~original I had to wait 24 years to see my dr...
- Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:21 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Air Con
- Topic: Heater core replacement on Delanair III
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5503
Heater core replacement on Delanair III
Hello: I think my '89 XJS 3.6 has a leak of coolant by the heater matrix (or heater core). When I turn off the engine, the windshield begin to get a lot of condensation by inside. It comes from the upper dash. Meanwhile the engine is running, there's no problem. It only comes when engine has been ru...
- Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:00 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4162
Re: Hello from Spain with my 3.6

a last picture in the 2014 Classic & Legends meeting in Cheste circuit, near Valencia
- Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4162
Re: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
Now there're minor changes from these pictures, as I've fitted 225/60 tyres and a Nardi wood steering wheel.
Paint looks well in pictures, as I've always care of it, applying wax, but really need a polish to delete swirls.
If you find a mistake in my words, just sorry for my poor English
Paint looks well in pictures, as I've always care of it, applying wax, but really need a polish to delete swirls.
If you find a mistake in my words, just sorry for my poor English
- Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:50 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4162
Re: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii515/Fernando_GS/Jaguar%20XJS/pics1_zps8dbb2159.jpg~original http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii515/Fernando_GS/Jaguar%20XJS/pics3_zpsb055ef4b.jpg~original http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii515/Fernando_GS/Jaguar%20XJS/pics_zps93f73ffd.jpg~original http:/...
- Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:58 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: Hello from Spain with my 3.6
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4162
Hello from Spain with my 3.6
Hello to everybody:
I'm from Spain. My cat is a '89 3.6 manual, in Westminster blue with Doeskin trim.
I'm his third owner, and I did buy it in 2012.
I hope learn a lot in this forum. Now I'll try to post some pics of it.
I'm from Spain. My cat is a '89 3.6 manual, in Westminster blue with Doeskin trim.
I'm his third owner, and I did buy it in 2012.
I hope learn a lot in this forum. Now I'll try to post some pics of it.