Search found 13 matches
- Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Engine Coolant Low Warning
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4092
Re: Engine Coolant Low Warning
Hi Mike, Thanks for your answer.. After a few more days the red warning was showing more or less constantly, so yesterday I had a go at bleeding off any air. Took it for a run and for about 5 minutes I thought it was cured, was just patting myself on the back, and... Warning came back on. It definit...
- Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Engine Coolant Low Warning
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4092
Re: Engine Coolant Low Warning
Yeah, that's what I was thinking/hoping...
Anyone know whether that's a common fault?
Anything else I should consider, check or look out for?
Anyone know whether that's a common fault?
Anything else I should consider, check or look out for?
- Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:28 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Engine Coolant Low Warning
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4092
Engine Coolant Low Warning
Just a quick one (hopefully!) My 2004 4.2 V8 S-Type is intermittently showing the "Engine Coolant Low" warning message. It's becoming more frequent and usually happens 5-10 minutes into a drive and stays on for 1-2 minutes, but does also come on randomly at other times but never for more than a few ...
- Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Overheating V8
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2266
Re: Overheating V8
Hi Mike, Thanks very much for the reply. Could I check though whether I've understood, is this cure is for a phantom overheat? I ask because my S-Type is definitely actually overheating; it was throwing out steam from the expansion bottle when I parked up the second time. What do you think? Regards,...
- Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: Overheating V8
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2266
Overheating V8
Hi, hope someone can help with this... My 4.2 V8 overheated on the A3 the other day. I had done about 30 miles in free flowing traffic when I reached some congestion. In the slow moving traffic for 5-10 minutes and suddenly the temp gauge started rising from it's usual dead-centre position and withi...
- Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:07 pm
- Forum:XJ40 / X300 ▸General
- Topic: OBDII Fault Code reader
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7682
Re: OBDII Fault Code reader
Hi All, I realise this is quite an old thread, but I'm considering buying this iCarsoft LR II http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoftus/allproducts/landroverscantools/2015/201506/20150612154619c3j2t_1.html Any opinions on whether it's worth the expense over cheaper options? Any comments welcome, Ollie
- Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: V8 Lumpy Idle and Stalling
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3044
Re: V8 Lumpy Idle and Stalling
An update on this;
I've had my local mechanic have a look at it.. Obviously it started fine and didn't misfire for him!
Diagnostics recorded a misfire on 1, 3, 5 & 7
He's suggesting it might be a blockage in one of the cats that's now moved.
Does that sound like a reasonable theory?
I've had my local mechanic have a look at it.. Obviously it started fine and didn't misfire for him!
Diagnostics recorded a misfire on 1, 3, 5 & 7
He's suggesting it might be a blockage in one of the cats that's now moved.
Does that sound like a reasonable theory?
- Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:02 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: V8 Lumpy Idle and Stalling
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3044
V8 Lumpy Idle and Stalling
Hope someone can help with this: I've got a 2004 4.2 V8.. Here's what happened.. I've just filled the car in the local petrol station, then driven in stop start traffic for about 20 minutes and all seemed well. Parked up to go shopping and returned about 10 minutes later. On starting the car the idl...
- Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:02 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Climate Control
- Topic: Climate Control Blowing Cold Air
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7660
Re: Climate Control Blowing Cold Air
Hi Jeff, That's brilliant.. Prised off the vent cover and it was full of fluff in there. I used one of those air-dusters for cleaning computer fans that I had knocking about. With hindsight maybe not such a great idea assuming that the component in there is temperature sensitive! Anyway it got rid o...
- Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Climate Control
- Topic: Climate Control Blowing Cold Air
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7660
Climate Control Blowing Cold Air
Considering the beautiful weather forecast for this week, this might not seem like much of a problem and maybe I shouldn't expect much sympathy.. But, here we go; it seems that whatever the ambient temperature and whatever temperature I set the climate control to, my S-Type blasts me with freezing c...
- Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸General
- Topic: Servicing in Hampshire
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2540
Re: Servicing in Hampshire
Brilliant.. Thanks for that Mike and for the info on gearbox oil..
Tom Lenthall's is only 20 miles away, so I'll be giving them a call!
Tom Lenthall's is only 20 miles away, so I'll be giving them a call!
- Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸General
- Topic: Servicing in Hampshire
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2540
Servicing in Hampshire
Hi All, So, I've been running my V8 S-Type for a few months now, it's on 103k and it's due a service... I've just moved to Alton in Hampshire and was wondering whether anyone could recommend a local independent? Has anyone had any experience with Barney Jones in Farnham, Surrey? Any advise would be ...
- Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Cooling System
- Topic: New Member, New Car & New Radiator Needed!..
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2704
New Member, New Car & New Radiator Needed!..
Hi all! I’m new to JEC, and fairly new to Jag ownership, so any help would be very appreciated! I’m the proud owner of an ’04 4.2 V8 S-Type, however as of yesterday it’s off the road due to a (big) hole in the radiator :-( Has anyone replaced a radiator recently and know what sort of cost I should b...