Search found 9 matches
- Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Sun visors
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1052
Sun visors
I'm surprised they caused so little interest. I've now found that I could remove my drivers side warning 'sticker' with a combination of acetone and paint solvents. It could affect the plastic if overdone. I'll try the passenger side next. Coming from a modern Audi the driving experienec wouldn't be...
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: I can't see down the bonnet! - 1998 XK8
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1503
Flat blades
Mark
Many thanks - I'll get some.
In fact I do use e-bay - sold a newish X-type on it a while back for a reasonable price - but it's so large now it's easy to get lost.
Cheers
Many thanks - I'll get some.
In fact I do use e-bay - sold a newish X-type on it a while back for a reasonable price - but it's so large now it's easy to get lost.
Cheers
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:26 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: I can't see down the bonnet! - 1998 XK8
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1503
Flat wipers?
I appreciate the problem of spoiling that view of the power bulge without having your head in the roof trim.
I hadn't heard of these 'flat' wipers. Can you provide a name or link?
I hadn't heard of these 'flat' wipers. Can you provide a name or link?
- Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Sun visors
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1052
Sun visors
Does anyone know where to find the plastic flaps covering the sun visor mirror which don't have the silly air bags graphics on them - they are very distracting when driving. I'm surprised they made it through quality control. My XK8 has, I guess, oatmeal interior. I've also lost one of the spring cl...
- Sun May 11, 2008 8:58 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: £40 for this?!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3183
Membership - expensive??
Hi, I've just found this post and felt the need to reply. I'm also a new joiner with a 98 XK8 (a fabulous car! - modern classic) I bought it for the automatic (short-term medical need) and found the JEC via the insurance company which gave me £100 off the quote if I was a JEC member (£37?). So compl...
- Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:57 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Floor pan rust
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1273
- Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:53 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸Bodywork, Rattles & Squeaks
- Topic: Floor pan rust
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1273
Floor pan rust
Taking advice from an Jag expert, I've just dug through the underseal on the apparently notorious front floor pan reinforcing panels to find a couple of 2" holes rotted through to the inside ('98 model). It's a poor production fault to fit this double skin metalwork with no preparation. If the deale...
- Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 am
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: cabin noise
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1238
Cabin noise
So I'm now answering my own question on cabin noise! It was a combination of problems including the fact that the XK8 does seem to be more susceptible to road noise than my previous cars, probably linked to the relatively large wheels & tyres (18" on mine). I had the car checked by Protyre (Slough) ...
- Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:03 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: cabin noise
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1238
cabin noise
Hi guys, I'm brand new to XK8s but have rebuilt several Triumphs in the past and still have a couple. Yesterday I acquired a '98 coupe in very nice condition but I'm puzzled by some cabin noise - didn't really notice it on the short test drive before purchase. It has a very low-frequency sort of 'wo...