Search found 10 matches
- Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:43 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Re: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Folks, After all the help and advice given I thought I should revive this topic to let you know how I got on. I bought and fitted a 123 distributor; that made some improvement but not a full fix. So I failed in the target to fix it before Goodwood Revival - never mind, used the daily driver and stil...
- Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:04 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Re: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Also attached is a pic of the plugs after 10 mile drive this morning.
- Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:03 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Re: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Thanks for the clue re the numbers. They are 8-18-7 followed by 54412438. This morning I rechecked vac advance. I definitely cannot get it to move by sucking on the pipe. I therefore tried adding some static advance, and the driveability was improved at part throttle which is hopeful. Other stuff to...
- Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Re: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Folks, Thanks for the further input. I'm ok with the function of all the various screws and jets on the carbs (slow running vs main jet etc.) I'm just not explaining it too well in my posts; doing them quickly during lunch break whilst at the day job doesn't help. The day job is testing engine manag...
- Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:13 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Re: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Thanks all for the replies, some interesting info. I don't suppose any of you know what % CO setting you are setting to at idle? Maybe the fuel flow could be an issue at full power but surely not cruising at 50-60mph ... I'm not doing full load runs at present, I daren't in case plugs and pistons st...
- Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:04 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7011
Lack of power, hesitaiton, lean running problem
Evening everyone, I'm seeking advice on a poor running issue; I've had the engine out to refurbish box and overdrive; now it's all back in I am struggling to get the engine running right again. Car is a 1961 3.4 MOD with SU HD6's. Symptoms: idles smoothly and without a problem for a long period; 30 ...
- Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:24 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Occasioonal difficulty engaging reverse when cold
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3871
Occasioonal difficulty engaging reverse when cold
Dear all, My car is a 3.4 manual, overdrive, early box (non synchro first gear). When cold I occasionally have a minor issue with reverse. The car goes in the garage forwards, so I have to reverse our, and it's a slight uphill (increasing maybe to maximum 10 degrees?) on the way out. Initially (leve...
- Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Seal between gearbox cover and floor pan?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2089
Re: Seal between gearbox cover and floor pan?
Gents, Thanks - I'm guessing the cork sealing had been added sometime in the car's former life in Australia / Japan. I don't want to stick it all with mastic so I'll get hold of some cork and do my best to replace what was there. Just waiting of new pinion kit for the starter from DMG then I can get...
- Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:36 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Seal between gearbox cover and floor pan?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2089
Seal between gearbox cover and floor pan?
Afternoon all, Due to having a poorly starter, and needing to do some detective work on a malfunctioning overdrive, I've removed the centre tunnel fibreglass cover over the gearbox on my 1961 Mk2 3.4. Those two problems are well on the way to being sorted but I've created a new one - the cork-type s...
- Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:24 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear number plate mounting
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1657
Rear number plate mounting
Hi folks, First post on here since I purchased my Mk2 3.4 MOD in January. I've been working my way through some recommissioning tasks since then, as it's an ex-Australia and Japan car which have done very little mileage in the last decade - needed some fettling. I'm now at the point where I need to ...