Search found 12 matches
- Tue May 10, 2016 1:57 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Badgers do not fit under an XJS
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1713
Re: Badgers do not fit under an XJS
Foxes do the same thing, but my spoiler did't survive 
- Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:26 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS and red brake light on
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6435
Re: ABS and red brake light on
The pump was completely dead didn't run at all, I've replaced it with another pump, which cuts in and out as it should. I've taken it on a short test drive and the brakes seem fine and the pedal as it should be, no warning lights. I haven't as yet bled the rear brakes is this essential after changin...
- Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS and red brake light on
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6435
Re: ABS and red brake light on
Yes I think I may go down that route as it's happen again a couple of times.
- Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS and red brake light on
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6435
Re: ABS and red brake light on
Thanks for all the advice. I checked the motor this morning it does switch off, gave it a tap as suggested, this seems to have fixed the issue and the pedal started to work as normal and the warning lights went out. Gave it a test run and the brakes worked as they should. Will this be a temporary fi...
- Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:23 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Brakes
- Topic: ABS and red brake light on
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6435
ABS and red brake light on
Today my ABS and Red brake light can on. I checked the brake fluid level which was still fine (hadn't gone down). Brakes where ok for a couple of miles, but then went very hard and I had very little stopping power ( luckly only a few hundred yards from home). Any help would be greatly appreciated
- Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:47 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trip computer back lights
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2851
Re: Trip computer back lights
Sorry don't know just asked the guy for a 12v led bulb, probably best to go for the super bright ones
- Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:53 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trip computer back lights
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2851
Re: Trip computer back lights
Thanks for info, got a led bulb from Maplins and soldered it to the Pcb, we have light 
- Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:12 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trip computer back lights
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2851
- Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:35 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trip computer back lights
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2851
Re: Trip computer back lights
both as one of the display bulbs has blown and one half of the buttons aren't illuminated
- Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:01 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Electrics
- Topic: Trip computer back lights
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2851
Trip computer back lights
Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows the part number and where I can get the bulbs that light the trip computer on my 1992 facelift.
Cheers
Just wondering if anyone knows the part number and where I can get the bulbs that light the trip computer on my 1992 facelift.
Cheers
- Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:17 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Interiors
- Topic: Fixing foot well carpets
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3752
Re: Fixing foot well carpets
Thanks, Haven't got the turn buckles, but will try the non slip mat.
- Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:16 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Interiors
- Topic: Fixing foot well carpets
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3752
Fixing foot well carpets
I wondering if anyone knows the best way to re-attach the carpet to the floor (drivers side) as the original velcor doesn't seem to be holding and the carpet keep slipping forward. The carpet is in good nick so I don't really want to replace it. Thanks in advance