Search found 10 matches
- Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Yes, I was doubtful if the repair would have been to a good standard and was there more to come? I do not feel very trusting of some 'Motor trade' people no matter how nice they appear I believe it is all down to the bottom line.
- Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:09 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Both cars did not have the same problem, the 1st car problem was far more interesting really, The second dealer I believe just did not know when he sold the car he was being guided by a mechanic and when the faults were found there was not enough equity in the car to make repairing a viable proposit...
- Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Morning, Sorry for delay, no longer have the vehicle dealer refund in full +, I may add that this is the second low mileage 09 XF I have had in 3 months that has ended up same way!!!!! Back to the drawing board. Thank you for your interest.
- Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:19 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Morning, I have now contacted selling dealer who will look at the car this Tuesday 6th June and supply a loan car Iam happy with that response.
So ongoing at the moment.
Peter
So ongoing at the moment.
Peter
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:47 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Brian, Thank you for your input much appreciated, Iam in the process of contacting the dealer now. I will let you know how it all pans out.
Regards
Peter
Regards
Peter
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:51 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Brian, 17deg yesterday and noise still present, unfortunately I now have a When selecting gears on start off it thumps at each turn of selector and when driving you can feel the changes. This car is a 1 owner from new full JMDSH and 40000mls on the clocks off to contact the selling dealer.Thank you ...
- Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Mike, Thank you for your detailed reply, Yesterday it was 17deg and the noise was still there. I intend now to talk with the selling dealer who is a pleasant fellow so I will let you and BrianG know the outcome.
- Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Blooming cold in Scotland recently,However I have noted all your helpful comments and will watch out, I feel I may well get it checked at my local Pentland Jaguar where the service manager is very good. Thank you Brian.
- Wed May 31, 2017 5:26 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Re: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
Unless you live in the Arctic your dealer is trying to con you! It would seem your XF is a diesel model, as only they would have a Webasto heater (same as the XJ). This diesel-fired heater is fitted to provide additional heat to the engine and cabin in cold conditions as diesels take a lot longer t...
- Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am
- Forum:XF ▸Engine
- Topic: Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
- Replies: 17
- Views: 11334
Blowing noise from engine area on cold startup XF 2009
HI, My XF gives a blowing noise on 1st cold start daily, this increases with acceleration and stops within 5/10 mins. The selling dealer tells me this could be the 'Webestos heater' and is nothing to be concerned about! Can anyone help please.posting.php?mode=post&f=15#