Search found 10 matches
- Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:33 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Interior
- Topic: XF Sportbrake (2020) Door Panel Removal
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1373
Re: XF Sportbrake (2020) Door Panel Removal
Hi Andy, Many thanks for your reply. I did eventually succeed in finding quite a helpful YouTube video - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_If8W7d4W9A. As you will see, I was right in thinking that there must be more screws as there are several hidden away behind pieces of trim. The video shows th...
- Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:14 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Interior
- Topic: XF Sportbrake (2020) Door Panel Removal
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1373
XF Sportbrake (2020) Door Panel Removal
I have a 70-plate XF Sportbrake which has developed an annoying rattle from inside the front passenger door - and possibly also from the N/S rear door. I suspect it's to do with the cables to the window mechanism as it seems to diminish/disappear when the window is would down. Does anyone know how t...
- Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:08 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Suspension
- Topic: XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2028
Re: XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
Hi Cawthrm, Many thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding. Those are good suggestions about checking for loose bolts and also the rear wheel alignment. I would have thought that any loose bolts should have come to light during the MOT in June? However, I will get them checked ...
- Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:09 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Suspension
- Topic: XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2028
Re: XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
Hi Dave, Many thanks for your response. The rear tyres are almost brand new, fitted in June, and replaced a pair of the same make and type - Good Year Vector 4-Seasons. I have been running a full set of these since shortly after buying the vehicle in 2018 and have been very pleased, especially with ...
- Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:23 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Suspension
- Topic: XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2028
XF Rear Subframe Mounting Bushes
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if someone can help me with some info, please. I have a 2010 XF 3.0 V6 petrol with approximately 53,000 miles on the clock. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that there is a sort of wallowing, shimmying movement from the back end of the car. It's not that noticeable ...
- Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Outer Sill Removal
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1500
Outer Sill Removal
I have a 2010 XF and am planning on removing the outer sills to check for and rectify any corrosion on the inner sills. It seems that this should be a relatively straightforward process. However, before doing so, I wanted to obtain a small supply of the fixings in case any get broken during the remo...
- Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Electrical
- Topic: Intermittent Starting Problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4102
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem
Hi Richard, Many thanks for your reply. The only reason I'm guessing the battery might be original is that it has a "Jaguar" stamp on it. However, the previous owner of the car (who had it from new) did use Jaguar main dealers for servicing, so that might explain it. However, I do have experience wi...
- Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Electrical
- Topic: Intermittent Starting Problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4102
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem
Hi Rod,
Yes, you're probably right about the battery. I will investigate that further.
Thank you very much for your time and thoughts on this.
Regards,
Jim
Yes, you're probably right about the battery. I will investigate that further.
Thank you very much for your time and thoughts on this.
Regards,
Jim
- Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am
- Forum:XF ▸Electrical
- Topic: Intermittent Starting Problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4102
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem
Hi Rod, Many thanks for your reply. I may be wrong, but I don't think my "two step" starting procedure is the problem because it always works except on rare occasions. I must admit that I had thought it might be a battery problem - especially as I have a suspicion that the battery is still the origi...
- Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 pm
- Forum:XF ▸Electrical
- Topic: Intermittent Starting Problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4102
Intermittent Starting Problem
Hi, I have a 2010 XF 3.0 V6 petrol and have encountered an occasional problem with starting. My normal procedure to start the engine is to press the Stop/Start button, wait for the vents to open fully, then press the Stop/Start button again whilst at the same time pressing the brake pedal. 99% of th...