Thanks Mike, Being a mechanical engineer by trade, electrics are not my strong point. I'll try what you suggest. But it is very frustrating.
regards
Phil
Search found 3 matches
- Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Battery drain over 2/3 days
- Replies: 52
- Views: 23073
- Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:29 am
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Battery drain over 2/3 days
- Replies: 52
- Views: 23073
Re: Battery drain over 2/3 days
Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply. Regarding the alternator, I disconnected both cables,on the advice of Bob Bate (who services my car ) and the drain remained, so I ruled out the alternator. Would this be correct? The charging voltage does vary between 13 - 14.5V
regards
Phil (allen)
regards
Phil (allen)
- Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:58 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Battery drain over 2/3 days
- Replies: 52
- Views: 23073
Battery drain over 2/3 days
Hello, I have recently joined the club, and wanted to ask any members with S types, if they have experienced a drain on the battery ( 2 weeks old ) when the car is switched off. A clamp on ammeter is showing a 1.5/2 amp loss,inreasing to 14/15 amps for a second or two! I have pulled every fuse to tr...