Search found 33 matches
- Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:21 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Modifications & Upgrades
- Topic: Fitting a new T5 Gearbox
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3977
Re: Fitting a new T5 Gearbox
Wilkinson's do a kit that is supposed to fit, and they must have used the kits themselves. Where did the kit come from ? There is a guy on Jaguar Forums that has the T5 conversion, the rear mount was done poorly by the company that fitted it for him, but he never mentioned problems with the physical...
- Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:02 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Is a Jag Mk 2, 3.8L manual gearbox (1965) difficult to drive?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4665
Re: Is a Jag Mk 2, 3.8L manual gearbox (1965) difficult to drive?
Personally it sounds like the car is poorly maintained, and it is very poor to hire out a vehicle in that state.
It is a shame that you could not take this up with the company, they have taken your money, and as such should provide a vehicle that is in good order.
It is a shame that you could not take this up with the company, they have taken your money, and as such should provide a vehicle that is in good order.
- Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: Propshaft puzzle
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2795
Re: Propshaft puzzle
I'm guessing the prop is 6" too short ?
I don't think any Mk2 used the short tail o/d unit, the E type had 2 different prop lengths, but I don't know what they are.
I have a couple of Mk2 props in the workshop I will check to see what length they are.
I don't think any Mk2 used the short tail o/d unit, the E type had 2 different prop lengths, but I don't know what they are.
I have a couple of Mk2 props in the workshop I will check to see what length they are.
- Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
- Replies: 16
- Views: 8132
Re: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
The Prefix for the full synchro box is JCN, the N is the overdrive. This later box was actually built by Jaguar based on the Moss I think with Moss parts, but I am not positive on that. The tail length refers to the gear lever position, it is a longtail on the MK2. Take a look at this ad if you scro...
- Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:12 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
- Replies: 16
- Views: 8132
Re: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
Couple of links to pedal boxes on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jaguar-420-s-type-manual-pedal-box-/132072595499?hash=item1ec023e02b:g:j~sAAOSw241Ye8j9 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-Mk2-manual-pedalbox-/172490465957?hash=item28293ba2a5:g:egIAAOSwHMJYLu2k They are the same pedal box, brake master...
- Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
- Replies: 16
- Views: 8132
Re: 3.8 Auto to Manual Advice
If you want more originality go moss, else go Getrag. Getrag setup will set you back up to £5K including propshaft, bellhousing clutch adaptor plate etc. Moss box you could pick up for under £1K, easy change, but you will need overdrive wiring, new steering cowl pedals etc. There is a bit to conside...
- Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: DG gearbox mounting spring
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2570
Re: DG gearbox mounting spring
Try SNG the part they list for yours is C19190 but is not available online, but searching their site there are several, maybe a call to them will help
http://www.sngbarratt.com/PartSearchRes ... ING+SPRING
http://www.sngbarratt.com/PartSearchRes ... ING+SPRING
- Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Mk2 Forum Events
- Topic: How many 3.8 LHD?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4905
- Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:58 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Fuel System
- Topic: 240 air filters
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2463
Re: 240 air filters
Hi Doherto,
take a look at this http://www.theopenroadblog.com/2016/07/ ... ngine.html
I am going down this route for my 3.4 Mk2
K&N don't appear to have a filter that allows the breather connection, but you could fit a union to the back plate if necessary.
Jon
take a look at this http://www.theopenroadblog.com/2016/07/ ... ngine.html
I am going down this route for my 3.4 Mk2
K&N don't appear to have a filter that allows the breather connection, but you could fit a union to the back plate if necessary.
Jon
- Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:15 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Automatic gearbox problems
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2454
Re: Automatic gearbox problems
http://transmissionrepairguy.com/torque-converter-problems Take a look here, I would not necessarily suspect the convertor, I assume it's a BW35 box as this is the only one with a separate torque convertor. The torque convertor is straight forward enough to change, but it does involve engine out wit...
- Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:59 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Poor running MK2
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4021
Re: Poor running MK2
I would look at a carb overhaul if you have eliminated the distributor and coil, I assume the leads and plugs are OK, you can get misfires from poor plugs and or leads. If the carbs are worn, you will find it difficult to maintain the tuning, but I would eliminate leads and plugs first. If it is mis...
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:22 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Transmission
- Topic: 4 synchro box noisy in neutral
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3170
Re: 4 synchro box noisy in neutral
Hi Jay generally these symptoms would indicate input shaft bearings or layshaft bearings, the needle bearings are a common issue with these gearboxes. If you are stripping the gearbox down, change all the bearings, check for wear or damage on the gears and shafts etc. but if all else is OK the gears...
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:21 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Changing the engine bay wiring
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2063
Re: Changing the engine bay wiring
Hi take a look at Kriss Motors info http://fairislepress.com/WP/?p=5889 They have masses of info on the wiring, there should be all the info you need here, a great reference, see the master schematics at http://fairislepress.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/COMPLETE-MASTER-SCHEMATICS.pdf also, I'm sure the...
- Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:13 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Brakes
- Topic: Mk2 handbrake caliper adjustment
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2772
Re: Mk2 handbrake caliper adjustment
Hi Richard,
have a look at SNG page http://www.sngbarratt.com/CatalogueProd ... 14&a=15998
There should be an adjuster nut and spring items 22 and 23 this is the later type, earlier types had a simpler bolt and locking nut.
Jon
have a look at SNG page http://www.sngbarratt.com/CatalogueProd ... 14&a=15998
There should be an adjuster nut and spring items 22 and 23 this is the later type, earlier types had a simpler bolt and locking nut.
Jon
- Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:05 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Colour Code for Dove Grey
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3487
Re: Colour Code for Dove Grey
Hi Phil,
I have passed this onto my contact I will let you know what he comes back with.
Jon
I have passed this onto my contact I will let you know what he comes back with.
Jon