Hopefully I'll make it this weekend.
With 50mph drizzle forecast, I don't foresee many enjoyable jobs in the garden.
Search found 11 matches
- Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:47 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
- Replies: 585
- Views: 180772
- Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
- Replies: 585
- Views: 180772
Re: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
Unfortunately we have our Regional weekend away this weekend.
That in itself is not unfortunate, of course, it's great fun. It's just unfortunate it clashes with breakfast club.
Have fun, looking forward to next time.
Rob
That in itself is not unfortunate, of course, it's great fun. It's just unfortunate it clashes with breakfast club.
Have fun, looking forward to next time.
Rob
- Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:59 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Steering
- Topic: Steeringwheel splines
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2527
- Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:57 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
- Replies: 585
- Views: 180772
- Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸General
- Topic: Check your tyres
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1016
Check your tyres
Hi all, Just a thought for those that don't do many miles. Check your tyres, not just for tread depth but also the age. I noticed I had slow puncture on the rear of my car and upon closer inspection could see that whilst not at pressure, there was cracking visible in the side walls. Then I read the ...
- Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Steering
- Topic: Steeringwheel splines
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2527
Steeringwheel splines
Hi,
Does anyone know how many splines are on the steering shaft of a 1990MY XJ-S, and what the shaft diameter is, please?
I'm trying to get a boss so I can try a different wheel but the one I have is completely wrong in spline / diameter.
Cheers
Rob
Does anyone know how many splines are on the steering shaft of a 1990MY XJ-S, and what the shaft diameter is, please?
I'm trying to get a boss so I can try a different wheel but the one I have is completely wrong in spline / diameter.
Cheers
Rob
- Thu May 25, 2017 11:10 am
- Forum:XJS ▸XJS Forum Events
- Topic: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
- Replies: 585
- Views: 180772
Re: lets have our own BREAKFAST meet ??
Yes, we'll be there. And with no squeeky steering this month. Thanks
But more importantly what the heck has happened to the forum style?
Eeew. It's worse than the rest of the JEC website and that takes some doing.
But more importantly what the heck has happened to the forum style?
Eeew. It's worse than the rest of the JEC website and that takes some doing.
- Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 am
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
Almost, but not quite. On the ones I'm looking for, the pairs of spokes are parallel. As this thread is supposed to be about tyres, for safety's sake I'm going to replace the bands of death with a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 on the existing wheels. The quest for the wheels I want continues...
- Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:10 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
to start with Sepangs are 20 inch!!!, they look the business I agree, but are a real pain to refurbish, often impossible to get the rim ring off rendering the wheel u/s my advice of years of XJR 350 miles, 100's of thousands, is to go for 19 inch, Sabre, Custom or Performance, fit good quality tyre...
- Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
Absolutely. Unfortunately these grotty things were on the car when I bought it hence my desire to replace them with proper tyres.
However, I don't want these 20" wheels either so need to find a sensible wheel to put the proper rubber on
Rob
However, I don't want these 20" wheels either so need to find a sensible wheel to put the proper rubber on
Rob
- Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:40 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
Thought I'd spice up this thread with a tale of disappointment. For the past few of weeks I've been running around in my newly purchased XJR with the most appalling tyres. It has Triangle TR968 on the rear and Achilles ATR Sport on the front. It's like driving on slurry. Under steers and wheels spin...