Search found 11 matches
- Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:26 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Erratic fuel gauge
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1245
Erratic fuel gauge
I have a problem with my fuel gauge reading reading erratrically. I have also posted this topic in the fuel section if you want more information, but I am posting here in the hope someone may be able to shed some light. After a lot of researching forums, it appears that the root of this problem lays...
- Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Erratic fuel gauge readings
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1355
Re: Erratic fuel gauge readings
After a lot of researching forums, it appears that the root of this problem lays in the insturument binnacle. The only solution is to replace the complete gauge assembly, An enormous cost for just a faulty fuel gauge. There is a company in the USA who can repair gauges by fitting a new step motor, b...
- Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Erratic fuel gauge readings
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1355
Re: Erratic fuel gauge readings
Thanks for your thoughts Jeff. I have looked at and checcked the obvious earth points, without success. That doesn't mean it is not still the problem. I am told that Typpe R models have two tanks and the sender unit ballances the levels of both tanks for the gauge. Quite expensive to replace, so I a...
- Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:40 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Electrics
- Topic: Erratic fuel gauge readings
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1355
Erratic fuel gauge readings
Erratic fuel gauge reading Postby Martin15 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:26 pm This post was originally placed under fuel systems, but I am reposting it here in hope of reaching a larger audience. I am getting some very odd readings from the fuel gauge on my STR. Sometimes the gauge reads OK (in line with th...
- Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:26 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Fuel System
- Topic: Erratic fuel gauge reading
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1375
Erratic fuel gauge reading
I am getting some very odd readings from the fuel gauge on my STR. Sometimes the gauge reads OK (in line with the range indication) Other time the guage can read completely off the scale and point towards 6 oclock. The range indicator remains correct. It recorrects itself occaisionally and works OK ...
- Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Transmission
- Topic: End of the lurch
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6627
Re: End of the lurch
For what it's worth. My STR had a similar problem with low speed shifts. Often feeling like a gear was not selected and suddenly making a decision. (lurch ?) The car has covered some 85K so I decided to have the transmission serviced, new oil, filters etc. Not a cheap job at circa £300.00 but oh wha...
- Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:34 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New to the club and STR ownership
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3074
Re: New to the club and STR ownership
Thanks for the info on Topix, I registered and got my vehicle spec sheet. It indeed left the factory on 19 inch rims, unfortunately it does not specify the type, but I have no reason to suspect anything other than the BBS it currently sits on. Great, I now know more about the car than before. Excell...
- Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:56 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Sat Nav & ICE
- Topic: Aftermarket fit DAB radio
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4584
Aftermarket fit DAB radio
Hi all. Does anyone have any experience of AutoDab (http://www.autodab.com) audio products. This company makes/supplies audio products to integrate DAB radio into the standard fit audio kit. Their website states a kit for S Types is available but I have yet to make any deeper enquiries. I listen to ...
- Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New to the club and STR ownership
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3074
Re: New to the club and STR ownership
Hi. Maybe I am being daft here but I have been trying to update my vehicle details but many of the pre-fill options do not apply for my STR. For example, My exterior colour (Slate) is not available. My interior colour (Charcoal Sport) is not available. Wheel options. My STR sits on 19' BBS wheels. T...
- Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:39 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Fuel System
- Topic: STR Fuel Grade
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4023
STR Fuel Grade
Hi. I am about six weeks into ownership of a 2007 STR. Can someone tell me what is the correct fuel grade I should be using? The fuel flap sticker is missing and I cannot find any other information in the owners manual. I have read magazine articles that say (For later supercharged models) they are ...
- Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:27 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New to the club and STR ownership
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3074
New to the club and STR ownership
I have been an enthusiast of Jaguar models for many years. I am about six weeks into ownership of my second Jaguar. The first was a 2.4 Mk2 many years ago, now I have a 2007 model STR. I have a few questions which I will address via the relevant sections in the bulletin board. Looking forward to par...