Thanks Alec
That's interesting. This was supposed to be a new cable as the one I'd bought online was incorrect.
Paul
Search found 36 matches
- Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:06 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1619
- Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1619
Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly
Hi
I have a '66 S model. The speedo fluctuates wildly when I'm driving along, so much in fact, that I have to use a satnav to read my true speed. I wondered if I might have damaged it when I tried to screw in the rev counter cable by mistake. Any ideas anyone?
Paul
I have a '66 S model. The speedo fluctuates wildly when I'm driving along, so much in fact, that I have to use a satnav to read my true speed. I wondered if I might have damaged it when I tried to screw in the rev counter cable by mistake. Any ideas anyone?
Paul
- Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:40 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Rear Window Chrome
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8579
Re: Rear Window Chrome
Hi There is a hole in each end of the two chrome halves; presumably for suspending them when they are chromed. When you are refitting the chromes into the rubber windscreen seal, if you can't bring the two halves close enough, threading some thin wire through each pair of holes and twisting it round...
- Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Possible Dynamo problems
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1950
Possible Dynamo problems
Hi
My S type has just had its radiator re-cored and water pump re-furbished. It and has come back with the ignition light permanently on, after I start it, and the battery discharges when i put the lights on. How can I test the Dynamo, which has the power steering pump on it?
Paul
My S type has just had its radiator re-cored and water pump re-furbished. It and has come back with the ignition light permanently on, after I start it, and the battery discharges when i put the lights on. How can I test the Dynamo, which has the power steering pump on it?
Paul
- Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
- Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:15 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
Re: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
Sorry piman- just picked up your post. Are the rads easy to remove? Do I need to Jack the car up? I'm told by JEC members I can flush it out, upside down, with a hosepipe but ultimately I suppose it will need re-coring.
Thanks, Paul
Thanks, Paul
- Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:01 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
Re: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
Turns out there was no thermostat in the car! The garage fitted one but from what I understand, it's not going to cure an overheating problem. They say the rad seems ok but they suspect it's a water pump problem as the hose to the matrix, and the water within is still cold. there was a new core plug...
- Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
Re: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
Thanks Alec
It's an overheating problem. My local garage has agreed to have a look at it- so fingers crossed. They are trustworthy and honest though.
Paul
It's an overheating problem. My local garage has agreed to have a look at it- so fingers crossed. They are trustworthy and honest though.
Paul
- Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:52 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
Re: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
CMC are high end but it comes at a premium. They had my car for abut four months before they managed to put it on a rolling road, for which they charged me £495 without carrying out any work on it. They said I was looking at about £20,000 for paint and seemed to lose interest when I was less than en...
- Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:59 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸General
- Topic: Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3717
Jag Specialists in North Shropshire
Does anyone know where i can get reliable mechanics in this region? I have a '66 registered S Type, live in Ellesmere near Shrewsbury and I am struggling to find the right people.
Paul
Paul
- Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸The price of fish
- Topic: film of a Mk 2 in the 60`s
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3255
- Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Cooling System
- Topic: S Type Overheating
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2226
S Type Overheating
Hi My temperature gauge goes up to around 80% on journeys. The fan seems to be working ok and there is plenty of coolant in the system. I've been advised to check the temp of the water in the rad with a thermometer to see if the gauge is working. The engine has had a lot of work done so I don't t...
- Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Classic S Type Scuttle Vent Lid
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3800
Re: Classic S Type Scuttle Vent Lid
Hi Paul
It's not supposed to be open all the time- only when the car is running, as its vacuum operated on the S Type (and then only when the air button on the heater controls is pressed).
Paul
It's not supposed to be open all the time- only when the car is running, as its vacuum operated on the S Type (and then only when the air button on the heater controls is pressed).
Paul
- Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Classic S Type Scuttle Vent Lid
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3800
Classic S Type Scuttle Vent Lid
Hi
Is it possible to keep the vent open without the engine running so I can clean up the metalwork and change the gasket?
Cheers, Paul
Is it possible to keep the vent open without the engine running so I can clean up the metalwork and change the gasket?
Cheers, Paul
- Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Interiors
- Topic: Glove box lock
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4774
Re: Glove box lock
Does anyone know where I can get a key cut for one of these? I haven't got an existing one.