Good news is that the car is already clear waxolyd at some stage, so hopefully the parts where I can see rust it is only surface.
Fingers crossed for good weather Saturday and I can work outside on it
Search found 6 matches
- Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:29 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3797
- Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:55 am
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3797
- Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3797
Re: Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
thanks for the reply, I will start with getting back to bare metal and see what I've got. I've just checked out the Dinitrol Wax treatment at it seems I require a compressor and airgun to apply it, which I don't have, I guess I'll see what other similar products are out there that come already in an...
- Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:06 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: VIN and Engine Number ignoramus
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2492
Re: VIN and Engine Number ignoramus
thanks alot for that, reckon I can work it out from here and will register.
I'll post some pictures when I've worked out how to resize them or download a resizing tool off the web.
plenty more questions to come I reckon.
I'll post some pictures when I've worked out how to resize them or download a resizing tool off the web.
plenty more questions to come I reckon.
- Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3797
Minor rust in some areas, tips to stop the rot
Hi all, I have an '88 3.6 coupe, owned it since March. I've finally spent a day going over it in fine detail to determine the body/structural areas of concern from a rust point of view. Generally the car is in good shape and has been clear waxolyed at some stage recently. I have noted few areas of s...
- Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 pm
- Forum:XJS ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: VIN and Engine Number ignoramus
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2492
VIN and Engine Number ignoramus
Hi there, this is my first post and probably a really dumb one, as I've not owned a classic before. I am the proud owner of an '88 XJS 3.6 and want to register in the Vehicle Register. Can someone give me an example of a VIN number and an Engine number, so I know what to look for and advise where to...