Search found 7 matches
- Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 pm
- Forum:X-Type ▸General
- Topic: bad judder when driving
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2268
bad judder when driving
hi to all I have recently bought my other half a 54plate x type diesel 2.0ltr not the best of them but cheap (or maybe not) the car has a really bad judder from the front, we have put 4 new tyres on and had them balanced -all good, judder still present I then took the car for an mot and told garage ...
- Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:41 pm
- Forum:S-Type ▸Brakes
- Topic: brake on/ brake off ......maybe HELP!!!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2970
brake on/ brake off ......maybe HELP!!!
hi all my brother in law has just become the proud owner of a 2,7 diesel s type and I have to say it is a lovely car except when driving it seems to "hold back" almost like a misfire but I do not think it is engine related. the revs drop off momentarily so I rule out gearbox slip. it also makes a sh...
- Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Useless DVLA - Rant
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8563
Re: Useless DVLA - Rant
also forgot the other one I have a large van and decided to put my private plate on it. no problem and docs come back with a new tax disc showing new reg no, ideal, so I thought! I then receive a £100 fine for not having insurance on the old registration , all sorted with a single letter but complet...
- Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: finally relented
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1804
Re: finally relented
agree with all the comments on the jag the bike engined kit was a real scream, 9000 revs yeehaa just coming on second cam. like I have said though ..far too manic for me, no real issues with the xk as yet save for saggy headliner I have glued it back but problem is that the material has parted compa...
- Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: Useless DVLA - Rant
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8563
Re: Useless DVLA - Rant
dvla have been slightly shy of useless for years but definitely getting worse here is my little muse; I am in the motor trade with premises on a private ind est I purchase a pug 306 diesel with a blown engine (taken as a p/x) couple of months later I put on ebay ,sells for £120 the day of collection...
- Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:06 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸General
- Topic: newbie fuel consumption
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2340
newbie fuel consumption
having picked up my xk8 from Berkshire (175 mls away) fuel guage on the red. .there's a surprise! I was even more surprised to only squeeze £65 into it .then amazingly I covered 290mls before re-fuelling. again £65. I have since refuelled again but cannot believe mileage at 720 total and still half ...
- Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 pm
- Forum:XK8 / X150 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: finally relented
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1804
finally relented
hi to all on here. I have finally accepted that 50 is too old for a bike engine kit car and bought a lovely 2002 (51) xk8 and have to say was one of the most sensible things I have ever done, (apart from the fact that I could fix the kitcar if it went wrong)
rob
rob