Search found 8 matches
- Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 pm
- Forum:E-Type ▸Engine
- Topic: Cylinder head question
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2794
Cylinder head question
Have just purchased an e-type 2+2 :D I already have a Mk2 so the layout of the engine is familiar to me. On the e-type there appears to be extra ports / connections on the head that are not on the Mk2. They are the rusty bolts / nuts to the left of the spark plugs in the attached pic. The seller tol...
- Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:27 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Electrics
- Topic: Wiper upgrade
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3356
Wiper upgrade
Just completed a lovely upgrade to my car that may be of interest. Firstly I installed the Classic Motor Cars complete wiper upgrade kit including the intermittent delay unit. ( http://www.classic-motor-cars.co.uk/servicing_types/mk2-lorem/ ) Unfortunately the intermittent wiper unit was not what I ...
- Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Ignition timing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5286
Re: Ignition timing.
Hi Alec
Just to say thanks for the help. I set the ignition timimg at 10 degrees BTDC with a timing light and the car is purring like a cat
Thanks again
Steve
Just to say thanks for the help. I set the ignition timimg at 10 degrees BTDC with a timing light and the car is purring like a cat
Thanks again
Steve
- Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:01 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Ignition timing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5286
Re: Ignition timing.
Hi Alec Thanks for the reply yes the 123 has vacuum advance and it is connected to the front carb. The car/ engine was running well but I took the engine and gearbox out to fix a few oil leaks mainly the rear crank seal and the input and out put seals on the gearbox. When I dismantiled the engine I ...
- Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 am
- Forum:MK2 ▸Engine
- Topic: Ignition timing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5286
Ignition timing.
I'm going around in circles trying to find out what is the correct ignition timing for my Mk 2 340. I’m not sure what the compression ratio is but I do know that they engine was overhauled by the previous owner a few years ago and he did re bore and replace the pistons with I think +20 pistons (thin...
- Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2948
Re: Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
The leak was quite bad if I drove the car and then let it stand there would be a saucer sized pool of oil on the floor within 20 minutes. I hate leaks so the engine had to come out. I’m going to install the SNG Barratt upgraded rear seal once I get it. Wish me luck.
- Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:25 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2948
Re: Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
Mystery solved the insulation wraps around the air blower/ heater box still don’t know where the two metal strips go.
- Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:05 pm
- Forum:MK2 ▸Bodywork
- Topic: Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2948
Engine Bay insulation/ Soundproofing.
Hello I have a 1968, 340. I pulled the engine and gearbox yesterday to replace the rear crank seal and complete a few other jobs. One you the jobs was to install the sound proofing kit/ insulation that I purchased from SNG Barratt. Have managed to work out where most of the sound proofing goes but t...