Search found 12 matches
- Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member Joined 2.9.14
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5318
Re: New Member Joined 2.9.14
Hi again Steve, yes that's quite funny about Ed China and the amount of man-hours it would cost. He spent around 130 hrs on the Morgan chassis. But like yourself I love the show. There was another good one some months back - For the Love of Cars. Gosh the money they paid for some of those wrecks; bu...
- Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:48 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: New Member Joined 2.9.14
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5318
Re: New Member Joined 2.9.14
Hi Steve; welcome! I'm still a newbie, with a 2008 Sovereign 2.7TDvi which I've had for a year. Hope you're enjoying the forums, and the monthly magazine is fascinating. Just while I'm on, there's an interesting tv programme tomorrow night - 'Wheeler Dealers', Discovery Channel. The two guys buy a J...
- Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
Absolutely agree. To be a tyre, must be the ghastliest job in the world. In fact if I had to come back as an auto part, I'd be a Webber Carburettor. Someone who drank like a fish in the 60's, yep that would be me. But now I just fuel-inject it.
Cheers,
Kev
Cheers,
Kev
- Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:58 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸Wheels and Tyres
- Topic: Which tyres are you using?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 17174
Re: Which tyres are you using?
This season, I will be mostly wearing: Pirelli. Well at least the Jag will. Actually, when I took delivery of my used Jag from the dealer's I was pleased to see they had put a complete set of new tyres on it. I hadn't a clue what make they were, just knew that was a lot of money. However, during a l...
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Hi Barry,
Thanks for your nice welcome. I'll certainly write to you and Nigel about the car. I've read two of Nigel's books and they are fascinating.
Yes, will be driving through puddles. Heh heh!
Cheers mate,
Kev
Thanks for your nice welcome. I'll certainly write to you and Nigel about the car. I've read two of Nigel's books and they are fascinating.
Yes, will be driving through puddles. Heh heh!
Cheers mate,
Kev
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:41 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the thoughts about the cooler pipe, yes it would have been an ideal time to sort the gearbox out. I think you're probably right that they just topped the oil up, but I'll check.
Thanks,
Kev
Thanks for the thoughts about the cooler pipe, yes it would have been an ideal time to sort the gearbox out. I think you're probably right that they just topped the oil up, but I'll check.
Thanks,
Kev
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Hi David, Thanks for your welcome and your interesting response. Yes it wasn't quite spot on what I said regarding the AA vis a vis the Jag Assistance. I know Recovery does also use the AA, and very good they are too. I had two visits when the car was at home - once with the parking brake stuck on, ...
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 am
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Thanks,BB; and thanks to Paul and everyone for the nice welcome. I will certainly keep the details updated, and thanks for that advice Paul. Yes these models seem like particularly good value: I believe that if I had bought my XJ when new, in 2008, it would have cost around £48,000. Phew..! I purcha...
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:54 am
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
As you can see from the last photo, I took along a motorbike as well, in case the Jag broke down. It has some weird and wonderful faults at times. There is a steep, twisting descent in Arkengarthdale, and every time I go down it, the Jag decides it will engage in 'engine braking'. That seems unusual...
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 am
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Here's a photo of the Jag in repose while we eat Yorkshire puddings
- Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 am
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
Re: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Thanks BB. A photo, yes that's a good idea. Let me see now..I'm not terribly good at this sort of thing, but I'll have a bash
- Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 pm
- Forum:X350 ▸New Arrivals
- Topic: First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4694
First Time Jaguar Owner from Hartlepool
Hello everyone, Hope it's okay to introduce myself to such great and knowledgeable enthusiasts as yourselves. I'm Kevin - or 'Kev' - and I bought a very nice XJ6 Sovereign 2.7L Tdvi, last October. And I absolutely adore it! So I'm very pleased to meet you all, and to have discovered this fantastic c...